am looking at buying a new amp I am of a intermediate skill level and have been playing for a year and I am looking at an marshall MG30DFX or a line 6 spider 3 30

I like bands like ac dc guns n roses metallica nickleback thin lizzy green day etc
my favourite music style is hard rock

I will just be useing it for practice nothing more I am looking to keep it under 150 pounds
if u think there is a better option. or if u think this is a good choice just leave a comment
Last edited by paul1991 at Nov 16, 2008,
No, just no. Those are two of the worst amps you can get.

What's your budget?
Are you just playing in your bedroom or are you gonna be jamming with friends or gigging anytime soon?
Can you go used?
Where in the world are you located?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i fyou are just playing by your self at home, get the line 6 spider III 15 watt, instead of 30. Loud volumes aren't very good on that line of amps.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Kevin Saale
No, just no. Those are two of the worst amps you can get.

What's your budget?
Are you just playing in your bedroom or are you gonna be jamming with friends or gigging anytime soon?
Can you go used?
Where in the world are you located?

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id hafta say a Roland Cube would be good, or a Vox or perhaps even a Fender

But you may also want to look into distortion pedals as well, depending
I would Recommend a Fender Super Champ XD. Just got one a week ago it is amazing. And it has tubes. 20 watt output.
just noticed you said 150 pounds, i'm guessing you're in the UK- what's your budget for the guitar (i saw you have another thread about a guitar)? something like a washburn x50pro (£300 on gak) would be cool for the guitar, is a little cheaper than an epi (and better, if you ask me), might allow you to stretch your amp budget a little- though if you can't stretch, a roland cube 30 or vox valvetronix would be cool. Or maybe a peavey vypyr, but i haven't been able to try those yet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?