Poll: What do you pay attention to?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you pay attention to?
Music releases in general
14 19%
Specific artists' releases
58 81%
Voters: 72.
This isn't a hate thread about mainstream music.
My question is: how much do you pay attention to artists who are still working, whether they're mainstream or not? Do you follow CD/music/video releases in general or do you keep yourself updated on a few specific bands?

*Poll's coming
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I dont really look at stuff as Mainstream or Underground. I really only track the bands I like.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
I don't really follow any mainstream music.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Basically, if I like the music, I'll listen to it, regardless of whether its mainstream or not
Last edited by lp345 at Nov 16, 2008,
i try not to listen to mainstream, but there are some decent mainstream bands out there.

make that a few decent mainstream bands.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
I usually just follow specific artists. If my friends tell me a release by so-and-so is good, I'll probably check it out.
I don't really follow releases. I do listen to the radio fairly often(I forget to bring my mp3 player to dialysis quite often, so I get about 5 hours worth of Real Radio or Clyde One), and if I hear something I like, I'll look into acquiring it. But I don't really follow any particular bands/artists.
Quote by lp345
Basically, if I like the music, I'll listen to it, regardless of whether its mainstream or not

+1

You dont have to hate a band/song because its played on the radio or in the charts
I do both with varying degrees of interest, I generally tend to try to keep up with whats popular, since I work in a recording studio, but I pay a lot more attention to different underground scenes that I'm actually into.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i follow it when i can.
(which isnt often...sadly enough)
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
Quote by Cyanide176
+1

You dont have to hate a band/song because its played on the radio or in the charts

That wasn't my question. The reason I mentioned "mainstream music" is because that would fall under the "pay attention to music in general" category.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
generally just check in on bands i like through internet & whatnot if i've got a spare minute
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I buy whatever is on the Top 40. Sometimes I'll even buy merch if the beat's fly enough or there's some vocoder "ehhs" thrown in.
I generally keep to a few bands and track them.
When I find a new band I like, chances are they were headlining or opening for another band I like.
Quote by lp345

Yep.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I like to think I keep track of music releases in general. I listen to the radio and I'm interested in the shape of the chart each week.

I read a few magazines (e.g. NME) to keep up with releases and music news, as well as daily checks on indie blog sites etc. to discover new or up-and-coming interesting bands.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
If I'm flicking through the tv or listening through the radio I guess I'll be looking at everyone's new releases but I mostly stick to what I know.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Doesn't matter if it's mainstream or not. If it's awesome it's awesome.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above