I'm a beginner and hoping to get some help with playing some tabs. I took a picture of the ones I don't know how to play (circled in red) any tips?

First two circles are slides. Slide the finger up the string from the 2nd fret to the 3rd fret.

Last one is an upstrum on an open E string with an optional/very quiet fretted note on the 8th fret on the B string.
The arrow is arpeggio isn't it?
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
arrow is strum direction
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
why not just use regular tabs?
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
Quote by Brick23
The arrow is arpeggio isn't it?

a 2 note arpeggio??
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by victoryaloy
a 2 note arpeggio??

Yeah a 2 note arpeggio, SUCK THAT Yngwie
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Well I kinda got what the arrows meant..I just don't understand how to play the x and curved line, and the (8) thingy.
Quote by Freepower
First two circles are slides. Slide the finger up the string from the 2nd fret to the 3rd fret.

Last one is an upstrum on an open E string with an optional/very quiet fretted note on the 8th fret on the B string.

Oh thanks! I had a feeling but don't know why they wouldn't just put a little 2\3 there.

Still kinda confused about the last circle tho, so I play 2nd string 8th fret softly with the open 1st string?
Last edited by 8039 at Nov 16, 2008,