I Photoshoped this, if i buy a standard black Strat how much do you think i will be spending to get it to look like this?? made this on a guitar builder thing and then PSd for extra black hardware, excuse my poor PS skills
Looks exactly like Billy Corgan's Strat. It depends on what you want to change, for a standard black tremelo from GFS, under $50, tuners under the same price, and for lace sensors (what i'm assuming those are) about $70-80 per pickup. The knobs and stuff, under $10. Here, check this site out: www.guitarfetish.com
about $63...minus pups...thats all from Guitarfetish
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
you can get a pre-wired pickguard with emgs in it
and the tuners and trem arnt that expensive as previously stated by irish
and the guitar.. wel it depend if you want an American one or a mim one
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
Definitely get an MIM strat if you're planning to modify it. They sound great, even stock, and are great project guitars.
yeah, look at the billy corgan strat, it has almost the exact look of that guitar (output jack might be chrome, not sure) and has specially designed hot rails, so you wont have to replace the pickups. or GFS like irishtang suggested.

EDIT: yeah, the jack is chrome like I thought, but if it really bugs you replace it, they cost like $2
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Thank you all for your replys and that site is great the only trouble is my from england (ignore the usa in my name thats for the usa models of fenders) i will be getting a standard one, are the standard ones much better then the squier strats affinity series (i have one at the moment)
The MIM Standards? Definitely, they blow the squier affinity out of the water. I love my MIM, it's an incredible guitar.
Quote by Fender Usa
Thank you all for your replys and that site is great the only trouble is my from england (ignore the usa in my name thats for the usa models of fenders) i will be getting a standard one, are the standard ones much better then the squier strats affinity series (i have one at the moment)

yeah, standard (mexican) strats are way better than squiers, even the affinity series.

EDIT: MIM means "made in mexico"
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Ahh thanks, looks like i'll go for it and start with a MIM standard strat!! i'll probably be able to get alot of black hardware on ebay, cheers guys!
Hmm...MIM standard is $450. EMG SA-1 prewired pickguard is $200. Black tuners are $45 if Grover, which I recommend; cheap and effective, like the AK-47. Black input jack is probably about $10. A new bridge is $80. A 22 fret neck is at minimum, about $250 or so if you get a genuine Fender.

Total should come to about $1,035.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7