would you say that it is a good promotion tool,for promoting your music if you are a talented guitar player?
no poll? you suck.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

hes right re-thread and poll it

SUCK IT
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
Nay. It can be useful, but most bands on there don't even make it into a label.

I'm pretty sure Led Zeppelin and Metallica didn't use Myspace when they first started. Look how successful they've become.
Last edited by severed-metal at Nov 16, 2008,
It's great for promoting music.

Even though I don't like them, Arctic Monkeys were discovered on Myspace, and look where they are now.
its not necessary, but if you have a tool available to promote your music, your stupid not to. Free publicity
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by severed-metal
Nay. It can be useful, but most bands on there don't even make it into a label.

I'm pretty sure Led Zeppelin and Metallica didn't use Myspace when they first started. Look how successful they've become.

How is this relevant? The music industry was very different when both Led Zep and Metallica rose to fame.

Having a Myspace account doesn't guarantee anything but not having one is a massive disadvantage. Any band that chooses not to have a Myspace is clearly stupid.
Quote by agreth_3rd
How is this relevant? The music industry was very different when both Led Zep and Metallica rose to fame.

Having a Myspace account doesn't guarantee anything but not having one is a massive disadvantage. Any band that chooses not to have a Myspace is clearly stupid.

Correctamondo.
it can kinda go two ways

You are famous for stinking so much, or you are famous for being so awesome... But just upload videos to youtube with as many tags as possible and some info about your band, and how to contact you...

thats how you get noticed nowadays..

and myspace was out like 5 minutes ago...
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
it can kinda go two ways

You are famous for stinking so much, or you are famous for being so awesome... But just upload videos to youtube with as many tags as possible and some info about your band, and how to contact you...

thats how you get noticed nowadays..

and myspace was out like 5 minutes ago...

I wonder how many scene kids are panicking right now
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
I wonder how many scene kids are panicking right now

I was just flipping shit!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
YAY

Myspace/Facebook are fun.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Myspace is still around?
To think I spent the best part of a fortnight making mine look alright and then forgot it was there.
Sure, but of course you wouldn't want to rely on myspace alone. It is just one of many free places to put your music.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
It definantly doesnt hurt.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Yeah, MySpace is pretty good. Just be careful about the music you put on your profile because it can be downloaded from it.

Bytw, MySpace pwns Facebook.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 16, 2008,
^ No it doesn't.

Facebook is loads better, if you don't install every stupid application presented to you.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by agreth_3rd

True, it was different. But, today, bands still do use guitars, vocals and drums. Until that changes, there's relevance.

They're not stupid. They can choose not to have myspace. Especially because any yuck yuck with a guitar and a mic can record songs on myspace. It doesn't make you any more of a musician if you use myspace.

You make it sound like there were no other bands other than Metallica and Led Zeppelin back in the day. There were a lot others that were famous too, did they have myspace? no.

Oh yes, and i'm sure all of the bands in the history of the world, before myspace, were at a clear disadvantage because they didn't have myspace.

No, that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Most of the bands on myspace don't even get recognized at all.

It's not a massive disadvantage either. Bands still get heard of, even without your precious myspace.
Quote by brandon369852
^ No it doesn't.

Facebook is loads better, if you don't install every stupid application presented to you.

Well, I can't really use it very well yet but from what I've seen, it can't be customised and personalised the way MySpace can be, and that's what I like about MySpace.

Or can Facebook do that?
XIAOXI