Does anyone know of a reliable and quality dealer of custom guitar parts located in Canada?

I am looking for parts to build a hollow body electric guitar.

I know about American companies that ship to Canada but this causes problems with duty.

Any info would be much appreciated.
Stewmac was fine with me.

If not, look up some canadian sellers on ebay, i got a bunch of parts from some guy in Alberta
------

Shwiggity.
I wish there were a Canadian stewmac...

Canadian customs isn't likely to charge you anything though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
nah. there's no reason they should, you already paid tax on the stewmac product, I think that covers it... I'm no guru on any of that.
------

Shwiggity.
OK- but I ordered a $20 shirt from U.S. and got a separate $10 costums bill so I hesitate to order U.S.

Do any Canadians have experience ordering from Warmoth? Any customs or duty fee?
Last edited by seagullrob at Nov 16, 2008,
^wha.... how?

What the ****? Well I've ordered parts for 2 guitars from the states and they haven't charged me anything extra.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I've ordered from stewmac as well, no hassle whatsoever.

If you're that apprehensive, go:
a) buy a parts guitar
b) to your local music store and have them order parts (probably way more expensive)
c) away

just kidding on c)
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by seagullrob
OK- but I ordered a $20 shirt from U.S. and got a separate $10 costums bill so I hesitate to order U.S.

Do any Canadians have experience ordering from Warmoth? Any customs or duty fee?

Was it from Jinx.com?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
If you can find a canadian StewMac, PM me the link. I'll be your friend
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
How do you know its good quality, its probably a piece of shit

EDIT: lol shits not censored
The only hard & fast rules I can tell you for ordering from the US are;

1) NEVER use UPS. They will charge you fees up the wazoo totally out of proportion to the value of the order.
2) Only order between the beginning of May and Labour Day if you simply have no choice. This is when Customs brings in an army of summer students who do everything by the book. Your shipment will be delayed, and it will cost you.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
The only hard & fast rules I can tell you for ordering from the US are;

1) NEVER use UPS. They will charge you fees up the wazoo totally out of proportion to the value of the order.
2) Only order between the beginning of May and Labour Day if you simply have no choice. This is when Customs brings in an army of summer students who do everything by the book. Your shipment will be delayed, and it will cost you.

Thanks for the tip.
It WAS UPS
Also, I may have partaken in the odd bit of importation from the USA in my time.

Although I am in the UK, rules apply.

If you can get the package marked as "Warranty Returns", that will help.

You have had the items, paid the duty and returned them for repair or replacement.

In the case of a bunch of random parts, I used to get the company to put a letter in the package or in the documents but, saying something like

"We are very sorry about the mix up. The parts you received were sent in error and were for a totally different Country!" or something.

The customs guys aren't too interested, as long as they have an answer.
Quote by Sguit
in what city do you live?

If you mean me, I live in Kent. About 35 miles south of London.
I've ordered loads and loads of stuff from the US. You pay taxes on the purchases as you would at a Canadian site or store. You usually pay the taxes when you pick up the package.

The only difference is if you get stuff shipped from Fedex or UPS. They charge some type of brokerage handling fees for processing the paperwork to cross the border. Make sure you get your stuff shipped with USPS and you won't get stupid handling fees. I know I got something from a seller that shipped UPS. I think it was $50 and ended up paying an extra $20 for handling fees. I always go USPS too because it's a lot easier to pick up, too. Around here (New Brunswick) there are tons of little Post offices in sevrvice stations etc, and they're open 7 days a week.

USPS and you won't have any problems. The only thing that might give you problems is if you try to order some types of chemicals. Usually the US web sites know what they can and can't ship to canada.

Stewmac is excellent. They ship everything so fast it's freaky.