Preferably a combo. Anything up to $800 is in a good price range. No solid-state. I play all kinds of music, a lot of metal and hard rock, but also a lot of funk (early RHCP) and a lot of clean stuff, so I guess I'm just looking for a really versatile amp. I have two other amps that I'll be selling shortly, so I need this one to as many tones as it can.

I was looking at a Bugera 333xl, but then read they tend to crap out after a month or two. I'm also looking at a Kustom Coupe 36. So any suggestions on amps for me to try out? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention I'd rather not go used. I know you can get some really good deals like that and I've tried to convince my parents, but they'd just rather me buy from a store.
Last edited by Ajax413 at Nov 16, 2008,
mesa dc-5?
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
peaaaaaaaaaaavey valveking. peavey valveking. peavey valveking.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
Oh, forgot to mention I'd rather not go used. I know you can get some really good deals like that and I've tried to convince my parents, but they'd just rather me buy from a store.
Quote by cjpiquette
peaaaaaaaaaaavey valveking. peavey valveking. peavey valveking.

He's joking.

Bugeras are fine now I think.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Ajax413
Oh, forgot to mention I'd rather not go used. I know you can get some really good deals like that and I've tried to convince my parents, but they'd just rather me buy from a store.

Boxing us in man

Peavey Classic 30 with an OD and a speaker swap maybe
Traynor YCV50 with an OD
Quote by Highwaytohell
Boxing us in man

Peavey Classic 30 with an OD and a speaker swap maybe
Traynor YCV50 with an OD

I know, I'd go used if I could.

The Classic looks pretty nice and I could probably swing an OD with it as well. I've also had a look at the Traynor, but I don't know if any stores around here stock them. I'll have to go hunting I guess.
Quote by Paroxysm
mesa rectoverb

You wouldn't happen to be from Metalscape, would you?
+1 for the Classic, they're excellent for what you want to do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
The only problem it seems with the 333XL is with power tubes. Sometimes they ship with tubes that don't work well with them.

The 333XL is the best amp in it's price range without a doubt, it's just the reliability that is iffy. I'm willing to take the "risk" though. There are people who have had no problems with their 333XLs.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
The only problem it seems with the 333XL is with power tubes. Sometimes they ship with tubes that don't work well with them.

The 333XL is the best amp in it's price range without a doubt, it's just the reliability that is iffy. I'm willing to take the "risk" though. There are people who have had no problems with their 333XLs.

Hmm, I'll definitely consider them. Should I just replace the tubes straight out of the box if that's the case?
Quote by Ajax413
Hmm, I'll definitely consider them. Should I just replace the tubes straight out of the box if that's the case?

It seems like that would be a good idea. Demigawd is one of the people who had a problem with his 333XL and after the tubes were replaced it was fine.

Ask around in the Bugera thread, though.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
It seems like that would be a good idea. Demigawd is one of the people who had a problem with his 333XL and after the tubes were replaced it was fine.

Ask around in the Bugera thread, though.

Will do. Thanks for the info.