hey guys. been playing for about 7 months now and i NEED a better amp than my Kustom 10 watter. it is way too muddy sounding. and ive played with the eq to try to fiz it and it doesnt help at all. so i went up to guitar center, and played a spider III. sorta liked it, but i dont think it will work well with pedals. so i was lookin online and found Raven Amps and Orange amps. i have a $400 price limit. no higher than 400 that is. i really like the orange amps, but idk abt them at all. saw them at a local shop, but didnt play 1. i like to play classic rock and metal. i heard the raven amps suck. so im leaning toward the prange, just need some opinions.
no spider, you'll hear plenty of that here, i agree also. orange is very good, check out the roland cubes also, very good amps

also, if u come across a marshall MG, just look away. many, including myself, make the mistake of falling for them when theyre young to guitar and dont know better, but you will regret getting it in the long run, stick with what i said above and im sure you'll get some good other responses shortly from others.
Any orange under $400 is probably a solid state, and their solid states are nothing special.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Highwaytohell
I'd reccomend a Peavey Valveking

+1
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
I got a F3ender Super Champ XD for 300$. 20 watt Tube amp really nice i would recommend it.
Quote by Guitar8000
I got a Fender Super Champ XD for 300$. 20 watt Tube amp really nice i would recommend it.

I second this, completely slipped my mind.

These are great amps.
well thanks guys. i agree that the ravens sound good, but i dont like them that much. they just seem like guitar center is suckering people into buying them. i was hoping for something gig capable. as some of my friends and i wanna try starting a band. i dont think i would need more than 50w. and yeah i can go used, but id rather go new. Unless of course that the used amp is amazing.
so i got onto the orange amps website and i really like the rockerverb 50w and the rocker 30 w. any preferences?? anyone have one or played thru either of them?
Quote by ryno88
so i got onto the orange amps website and i really like the rockerverb 50w and the rocker 30 w. any preferences?? anyone have one or played thru either of them?

They're great if you can afford them, although many people think they're overpriced.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
haha. ok. one of the local shops sells nothing but the orange amps. ill check them out there. any recommendations on a possible gig ready amp?? i was also lookin at the Kustom coupe series. look like pretty good amps.
haha never mind about the coupe. i saw the price for it lol. i also was looking into the kustom double barrel. they any good?? loud enough to be heard over a drummer?
Use classic 30 would do you pretty well, a valveking wouldn't be bad if you can find a used when that's had the speaker swapped.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
what is wrong with the speaker in the valvekings?? something that i should worry about if i look into buying 1?
If you can push that budget to ~$500 you can get the Randall RG50TC. Great for metal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
the valveking is a great bet. the speaker is pretty good but if you fancy you can upgrade it and the amp sounds wayyy better. but its alright as is and in your case.. probably the best amp you can get. just pick one up and look into the valveking thread for settings and tricks to bring the best out of it.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
ok cool. thanks guys. im heading into lessons early today to play around with the amps in the shop downstairs. they seem to have a lot of Kustom amps. They do have a few peaveys tho. ill play around and see what i like.
so i was lookin at the 2 peaveys that Campbells Music (plugging the local store for them) had. and they were helping me look at them since i dont know all that much about them. they showed me a Kustom HV (high voltage) 65w lead amp. it is a hybrid tube amp. i really liked it alot and i think it is what i am going to wind up getting. its well within my price range, yet stll loud enough to jam with.