Hey guys, I've been trying to write harmony solos, much like a7x does in bat country (dont flame them or me because i listen to em >.> and I've been unsuccessful, not sure if i completely understand the whole concept of it, so say I'm writing a solo in the key of Eb Harmonic Minor, mainly arpeggios based off the chords ebminor, db major, cb major, and bb major, what chords or scales would i use to harmonize those arpeggios? I do understand a bit of theory, so use terms how you see fit
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
You can harmonize in 3rds or 6ths, which is just an inverted 3rd. You can do a whole lot of other things, too, but that's the easy one.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
depends how you want it to sound. u can use a major or minor thirds or a mixture of both
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
just pick an interval. a7x usually does it in thirds. but u can also do 6ths. 7ths and 9ths sound wierd but cool. 5ths also sound cool
i like minor, so the harmony should be a minor third above the note? or an actual third in the scale that im playing in?
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Ok, ill give all these a try, thanks guys
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Paquijón
Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain that they usually harmonize in 3rds. That is to say, while one plays the solo, the other plays the same thing only a 3rd up. But they might do some other weird stuff as well, I'm not sure as I don't listen to their music.

Yeah, you're right. In M.I.A.'s second solo, there's some weird solo (counterpoint maybe?) stuff going on. But just play two steps up from your note.

A C D E
C E F G

Like that, sorta. (if that makes sense).
pick your note, than count three notes up in the key your using and doo that for every note in the lick.
The Conservative youth of America!
Quote by Zinnie
i like minor, so the harmony should be a minor third above the note? or an actual third in the scale that im playing in?

Keep them actual thirds. Any of these intervals should stay diatonic.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50