I am wondering: Assuming the guitarist have a tube amp, if he used 300 watt to the hilt, how much must Bass player compensate, and does it have to be tube or can it be SS (for the bass player)

I am asking because one of my friends want the Guitarist to play on a used SVT, while his bass player play on a Fender 1200.

And yes, I already questioning whether he is insane or not, even though he said he will be playing in open space.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
I've found that for the bass to cut through well enough, it's a 2 or even 3 to 1 ratio for wattage. I have a 100 watt tube stack, and I've only dimed it at one show, and my bassist has a 300 watt amp, and didn't have to have his quite all the way up, but it was close.
Are your friends trying to rip a hole in the space time continuum? If so, then they probably ought to mic themselves through a 80,000 watt PA.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Jestersage
I am wondering: Assuming the guitarist have a tube amp, if he used 300 watt to the hilt, how much must Bass player compensate, and does it have to be tube or can it be SS (for the bass player)

I am asking because one of my friends want the Guitarist to play on a used SVT, while his bass player play on a Fender 1200.

And yes, I already questioning whether he is insane or not, even though he said he will be playing in open space.

If you dial back your bass, bring up your mids and treble you'll be easier on his amp. Just a suggestion.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
The SVT is a bass amp, not guitar
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Also, bass usually requires significantly higher wattages to maintain the headroom needed to produce bass tones cleanly
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge