I'm looking into an EQ, either rack mounted or pedal form. I was looking at Danelectro Fish n Chips, or PreSonus EQB3, though I don't have much experience in either. I've also seen the Boss stompbox Eq's. I don't know my budget, but I want to say $100 is generous, and $150 is absolute tops. Thanks!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
^another +1
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Only problem is, the 3 music stores around here don't carry MXR. I know it's a lot different, but how does it compare to the Fish n Chips? I can actually try it out, and it's a bit cheaper as well.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
The mxr has more control and isn't as noisy. The Fish n chips is considered to be ok if you're not gigging, don't plan on stomping on it and can put up with the noise.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Go for the Boss or MXR. The Dano isn't bad at all and isn't noisy, not sure where some are getting that idea from. It's just as quiet, if not quieter than the Boss and MXR, just looks and feels like a toy. The only complaint about the Dano is that the on/off switch isn't very assuring.
I may go for the Dano because I'm not afraid of breaking it. When I play, I'm not jumping around, nor would I really hammer on the thing. I'd probably have it on constantly anyway. My rack effect does some whacky things to my tone, but only when I use my lead channel, so I want to tweak it a bit. Whatever I get, I think I'm throwing it in my fx loop.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120