that teach guitar classes.

doesn't matter whether classical, jazz, or ect.

but i would prefer courses with something like classic rock or metal.
If you want to learn rock or metal, don't go to school. It would be a complete waste of money to learn those when you can teach yourself.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Berklee college of music in Boston, MA
or Julliard lol

Berklee has workshops that focus around specific guitarists like say a David Gilmour workshop. There's alot of other workshops you can do if you go to the site.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
is power chord academy a real thing or nto it looks so fake when i see ads and stuff for it
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
is power chord academy a real thing or nto it looks so fake when i see ads and stuff for it

It's real, go on youtube and look at the bands they make.

Proceed to laugh.
Quote by MedicreDemon

Berklee has workshops that focus around specific guitarists like say a David Gilmour workshop. There's alot of other workshops you can do if you go to the site.

Do you really want to pay $14,000 per semester for a class just to learn the style of David Gilmour? Seriously? See where I'm going with this?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

It's real, and it improves your guitar skills so much that even John Petrucci would be jealous. Fact.
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

Its a place where young bands who suck balls go to record and make music videos and stuff
berklee's supposed to be pretty good, and relatively easy to get into. They accept about a third of their applicants.

Only problem is most kids have no clue what to do with their life when they get out of there. I would say major in tech or something.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
University of North Texas is the 3rd best music school in the nation...

im going :-P
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
Quote by Xiaoxi
Do you really want to pay $14,000 per semester for a class just to learn the style of David Gilmour? Seriously? See where I'm going with this?

A workshop doesn't cost 14k. You're an idiot. It's one class.
Quote by TimboSlice
Musician's Institute in LA has a more contemporary focus than Berklee.

It also sucks cock.

Quote by MedicreDemon
A workshop doesn't cost 14k. You're an idiot. It's one class.

But if you're going there for shit like that, it's retarded.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by metaldud536
I'm not.

God damn people and changing their avys.

I'm going to Nebraska-Lincoln for music. Not guitar, but their marching band is fucking rocking.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Xiaoxi
It also sucks cock.

This sounds like an extremely well thought-out statement based on research and experience, and I'm really excited that you decided to contribute. Thank you.
Quote by TimboSlice
This sounds like an extremely well thought-out statement based on research and experience, and I'm really excited that you decided to contribute. Thank you.

Yea, I've researched about a billion times when I was looking into colleges and I don't really care to elaborate. Unlike most of you, who are spouting Berklee or Juliard because it's the only names you know.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
besides the others people said ive heard Oberlin college and university of puget sound have good music programs
"The revolution lives on not in words to live for it, but in one's heart to die for it" -Che Guevara
What about jazz or classical music?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, I've researched about a billion times when I was looking into colleges and I don't really care to elaborate. Unlike most of you, who are spouting Berklee or Juliard because it's the only names you know.

Well I'm glad you chose to be so articulate in your argument then. I've looked into both Berklee and MI, and I can say with 100% certainty that the education facility will not give you a hummer.
any music school with an accredited degree program will be very hard. you won't just be able to learn more guitar. you are going to have to learn theory, be able to sightread, sightsing, dictate rhythms and melodies, and stuff like that. which 90% of guitarists cannot do. so be careful

also, umass lowell is a great music school.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
any music school with an accredited degree program will be very hard. you won't just be able to learn more guitar. you are going to have to learn theory, be able to sightread, sightsing, dictate rhythms and melodies, and stuff like that. which 90% of guitarists cannot do. so be careful

also, umass lowell is a great music school.

You can do all of the above decently, what are your chances?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by pmeg568c

Yes. Music schools are music schools, not rock guitar funland. If you want to go to music school, you better stop thinking like a guitarist and start thinking like a musician.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by aznrockerdude
You can do all of the above decently, what are your chances?

if you can do all of the above you would be fine. you obviously will get better but some people just dont have an ear for music and that can't really be taught. its just that more than half of new freshmen drop out every year because they can't do ear training or theory
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
yeah MI in hollywood would be your best bet, but do you really need school to be a good musican?
Quote by Xiaoxi
If you want to learn rock or metal, don't go to school. It would be a complete waste of money to learn those when you can teach yourself.

i'm with you on this one. learning how to "rock" is like the antithesis of rock and roll. we're supposed to disobey the rules and get crunk. not follow some rules by some old guy whose band didn't make it. .

but in all seriousness, don't go to college to learn rock guitar. it's stupid. learn yourself, or take a class on music theory.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Paquijón
The University of North Texas is highly regarded for its Jazz program.

cost 10k a year.. i just hope i make it through the audition
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
you really gotta think about what you want to do after you graduate when studying music. not everyone becomes some great studio musician. lots of people just end up giving lessons at their local music store, thats not exactly gonna pay back those student loans. not much is guarranteed.
Quote by paintITblack39
i'm with you on this one. learning how to "rock" is like the antithesis of rock and roll. we're supposed to disobey the rules and get crunk. not follow some rules by some old guy whose band didn't make it.

In essence this is true. But on a technical level, it's also unnecessary. Rock and metal are simple music that was founded on a do-it-yourself culture. It doesn't have any musical qualities that really require formal training. There's nothing in it that isn't obvious or that you can't teach yourself.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana