hi i was wondering if you guys agree that diablo rojo by rodrigo y gabriela was about 85 bpm? and in case it's not please tell me what i did wrong.

what i did was i took the song counted about minute into it then i marked that place. Then i took the tab counted how many notes were played in that amount of time and divided it by four and i got about 84.75 so i rounded it up to 85.

Thanks for all the help (Hopefully)in advance
You assumed quite a bit there. I don't know what song you mean, but, are you sure they're all quarter notes in 4/4?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

it's in 4/4 and no there not all quarter notes it's a technique my old guitar teacher taught me and it's worked for alot of other songs i learned it's just this one's hard because there are alot of notes in short amounts of time and i wnated to make sure that i calculated it right.
You shouldn't have counted the notes, just the beats, it should be much higher than that, its a very fast song. Its not a continuous series of notes, theres breaks and faster sequences in there. Take a minute clip of it and count while clapping your hands to the beat. I'd do it for you but I don't have that album on my PC and its a bit late to go looking for the cd...
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
ya i just did it again i did mess up like you said i did it again and it is at about 130 bpm thanks for correcting me on what i did wrong
Yeah 130 is just about right, why do you need the BPM anyway??
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
im practicing with a metronome and i need to make sure i have the right bpm so i can lower the tempo and practice correctly if you get what i mean.

Thanks for correcting me on my mistake and who knows maybe i might help you with something else, then we'll see who's so smart.
-Peace
Last edited by guitarnoob243 at Nov 16, 2008,