both at $799.99 should I buy the ibanez or the gibson LP?
all genres bro =S...neoclassic, metal, hard rock, alternative, pop, jazz, blues...I really want a complete guitar....but with great sustain and clear sweet tone
Quote by guitarsolo_17
do you know what the JS has for pups?

What does it have for pups?
Weekend Warrior
Well, it does depend a lot on what you play, how you play and what your other gear is, but in terms of value for money, even though the JS model is of course a little overpriced (like all artist name models), it'll be built much better than the Vintage Mahogany is. The VM is the joint lowest-end LP that Gibson has produced, fyi.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Get the Paul.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
i really love alnico V hambuckers =)....and i think i can selll that guitar for 800 next year because of this crysis... =S...1 month ago the LP was $699.99 in guitar center, now is $799.99 in GC and $899.99 in music123, (wtf?)
If it was a Custom Shop or at the least a Standard, you could get roughly 90% of your money back if you sell it within the year and it's kept in absolute mint condition.

But a Vintage Mahogany, Faded or Studio model... ha. Good luck getting even half your money back. Even the '94 Studios, which are considered to be very good, only fetch second hand prices of about $500 these days.

EDIT: and it's spelt 'crisis', with two i's, not a y.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I just set up my friends VM that he just got. The Burstbucker Pro's are awesome. I really love the feel and look of the wood. It needed a few small adjustments to the intonation and a little bridge height adjustment with the 11's we put on other than that it was great from the factory. I honestly think it is the best deal out there right now and I don't see the VM being offered at that price much longer and really don't think that Gibson will even continue the VM much longer. . . and I am in no way biased against Ibanez. I just bought a RG2610e yesterday.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

Quote by PBI
I just set up my friends VM that he just got. The Burstbucker Pro's are awesome. I really love the feel and look of the wood. It needed a few small adjustments to the intonation and a little bridge height adjustment with the 11's we put on other than that it was great from the factory. I honestly think it is the best deal out there right now and I don't see the VM being offered at that price much longer and really don't think that Gibson will even continue the VM much longer. . . and I am in no way biased against Ibanez. I just bought a RG2610e yesterday.

Well, Gibson already stopped making them nearly a whole year ago, and on top of that, three days ago Gibson put all their RRP prices up on every guitar they make. +15% for America, +22% for Japan, and between +20% and +40% for EU countries, though it's 4am and I can't remember specifically which EU countries got which price rise right now So yes, safe to say it'll never be sold at this sort of price again, because the prices have all gone up and they're not being made anymore!
It's a no-brainer then. . . get the Gibson.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

If I were you I'd stay away from low-end models of a range, such as the gibson faded/studio or this one the vintage mahogany.

At $800, you can probably get a better guitar (better pickups, better build) like say one of those semi-hollow body Ibanez's.

Also I don't think you'll be able to find a guitar that plays every genre pop/jazz/neoclassic/metal/blues. Also when you say "clear sweet tone", that can be interpreted in a million different ways. The thing that you want is not something that we'll be able to recommend to you. You need to make your mind what sort of body style you would like on the guitar, what sort of bridge and what sort of pickups (bright/warm), and then go from there and try out some guitars in that price range at your local music store(s).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer