I just recently got a 93 model fender blues deville 212 and I love it. The cleans sound real good and break up real nice about 2 or 3 but I play at my church so I crank it up to about 5 and it just sounds nasty, distorted, and muffled, not good cleans, and my solution is a tube screamer which sounds amazing through it, but I was wondering if there were any suggestions you guys had.

It's a great amp and I like it alot, just when I crank it up the break up isn't too great. Let me hear what you got.

Thanks guys!
What kind of tubes are in it? You could probably get some nice sounding break up with better tubes. Also, if it's biased too hot or too cold that could also explain the problem.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
change the power amp tubes? Fenders are sopossed to sound great when cranked. If that doesnt work mabye speaker change, roll down the vol on your guitar or try an EQ pedal.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
try some better tubes. the deville isnt known for its overdrive, the tube screamer does help.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Swap them tubes, maybe some JJs for power tubes and tung sols for preamp tubes. Also make sure to bias it properly. If you still aren't satisfied you probably need to swap out the speakers.
yeah the overdrives nice. especially with the tube screamer over it when I wanna scream the blues, but the natural break up suonds silly on about 5 without the overdrive, but when I just want it clean it sounds real muffled and distorted, I was just trying to get as much advice as possible.
Kevin your setup sounds really nice, and I dont know too much about the bias beacuse I think it's fixed bias and I dont know how to mess wit that
^You're right, they don't have a bias control. You could probably get a tech to add one for you for a decent price. I just added dual bias controls (one for each tube) to my BJr and it didn't take long at all considering I'd never tried anything like it before, I also modded the tone stack while I was in there.