I own a Schecter C-1 Plus, which came with Seymour Duncan humbuckers. I am craving more of a metal sound but would like to avoid buying a completely new guitar, if possible. I have heard various things about EMG pickups and their amazing metal tone and what-not, and I was curious if this might solve my problem. Advice, please?
You still rocking the spider? I'd suggest a new amp above all else, emgs will probably only make your amp clip and sound worse, and even if they don't the emgs would still be wasted.

Your guitar is perfectly capable of sounding metal, you just need a proper amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
How much money are you willing to spend? Are you gigging, or bedroom only? Can you go used? Metal the only genre you need to do?
No gigs, just jamming with friends, and I'd be willing to spend maybe up to $1000 or so, give or take. As far as metal exclusiveness I would be fine with my sound being off when playing other styles if my metal sound was better.
Well I have EMG but I haven't had a lot of experience much of other pick ups though. They sound crisp and clear but it won't completely change your sound to metal. What is most important in you rig is the amp. Peavey is pretty good. You don't sound happy about your sound, so consider your amp to be the problem. Anyway, yes, EMGs are good.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Ok, amps to look at, Mesa rectifiers (probably only be able to get a combo or a single rec even if you go used) Mesa Mark series, Mesa F30 or F50, Mesa DC series is also good. Peavey 5150/6505 is a good choice.

That's all I can think of.

Your best bet is to go to a guitar store and play everything, even stuff above 1000 dollars and see what you like. Make a list of what you liked about each amp and then research them to make sure they aren't crap.

Amps to avoid, line 6 spider and marshall MG.
Get Duncan SH-5/TB-5 s. I have em and couldn't be happier. Sounds awesome in my VOX, and sounds killer on my mates Mesa/Boogie.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q