Acne. Ugh.. wow, everyone has it, severe or not, but for the last year or maybe even two, i've been getting horrible acne, and i need relief, i've been trying a lot of things, and it's hard to get relief, i wash my face twice a day, and use a toner 3 times a day, i eat fairly healthy for the most part, i'm a good weight, 5' 10" 130-35 lbs.. and i've been trying to find something that will help me, do you guys have any recommendations?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
Acne. Ugh.. wow, everyone has it, severe or not, but for the last year or maybe even two, i've been getting horrible acne, and i need relief, i've been trying a lot of things, and it's hard to get relief, i wash my face twice a day, and use a toner 3 times a day, i eat fairly healthy for the most part, i'm a good weight, 5' 10" 130-35 lbs.. and i've been trying to find something that will help me, do you guys have any recommendations?

I don't
Have you tried going to a dermatologist? Everyone's skin is different so it's hard to recommend a specific plan. But make sure you stick to a regamine for at least 3 weeks before switching because it takes awhile for skin to recognize how much oil it needs to produce...

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
Ask your doctor for a prescription for Differin. Use Neutrogena acne wash as well. That helped for me.

Wash with Neutrogena twice (once in the morning, once at night) and use the Differin at night after washing with Neutrogena. Wait for it to dry, then sleep.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
go to a dermatologist, get them to give you an antibiotic and the prescription strength stuff
-JoJo
There's only so much you can do. Some people are just naturally inclined to get acne, regardless of what they try to do. Maybe give some of the acne solution products a try? Other than that, there isn't much I can tell you.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.

But seriously, go to a dermatologist. They may hook you up with some tetracyclene or however it's spelled.
What is your Avatar? It looks like John Redcorn from King of the Hill.

Also, small details matter. Not touching your face, water temp. Etc.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

i relate 100% except for the bad acne, mines not horrible, a spot every now and then.
I eat healthy but food in fact doesn't really have an effect on it.

i use proactive and it actually does seem to work very good. so i recommend that. The only reason i says 'seems to work good' is because it works great when I remember to use it day and night.
I always use the wash in the morning and usually the toner. But I always forget to use it at night. It seems if I do remember to use it at night for a week or two it works even better. I also have a beard and facial hair does NOT help acne. So theres another reason I say it seems to work good. If i shaved off my beard I'm sure it would work even better
Quote by lua4x

You're exactly like me man, even down to height/weight (well, my acne isn't "horrible" just.. well, there.
Have you looked into that proactiv stuff? It really works well, for me anyways.

I've also been thinking about those "Roaccutane" programs, you should look it up, if it really bothers you.
Actually...not everyone has acne. I never had it. Most teens get spots, but acne is somewhat more severe

And go see your doctor about getting some kind of cream or pill to relieve it.

Also the type of facewash you use can be a factor, and the toner. And you should moisturise using a light moisturiser without lanolin if you're using a harsh facewash - it's just as bad having dry skin as oily skin, spot-wise.

Toner doesn't do anything to get rid of spots, by the way. It just wipes away any remaining grime and makeup and tightens your pores, but if you wash your face properly there shouldn't be any remaining grime or makeup. Toner is basically a waste of money imo.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
If you can, try getting an ALA + red light treatment. You may need a recommendation from a dermatologist/aesthetician, but it gets rid of any nasties.

They use it for skin cancer patients.... it hurts like a bitch and takes all day, but it does work.

also, accutane never hurts.
Quote by lua4x

Your over washing for one thing. Try hypo allergenic washes or sensitive skin formulas if it doesnt work consult a doctor. also use these steps 1) tone, 2) wash, 3) moisturize
Quote by Bubbles203

ummmm ya it does lol

but on the upside it does miracles for getting rid of acne, but you can only get it if you have severe pizzaface lmfao

TS if you have long hair you should cut it itll help quite a bit, otherwise you will probably need something perscription
Go to a dermatologist and DEMAND ACUTANE. It worked for me. I have friends now! Don't wait!
I'm worried to try any special solutions on my face because I have really sensitive skin, it dries out really easily. And I hate using those extra-strength cleansers because they practically burn my face off.

1. Use antibacterial soap. You'd be surprised how much it helps.
2. Don't touch your face, if possible.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Well.. I've got this system because nothing works independently. You could skip the last 3 steps to save some cash and just buy some lotion that's not oily.

1. Get the HOTTEST water you can stand and apply it to a washcloth and cover your face with it (to open pores)

2. Use something similar to "Clean & Clear: Blackhead Wash"

3. Repeat step 1

4. Get cotton pads and apply an astringent like Benzoyl peroxide or Witch Hazel generously across your face.

5. COLD water across your face. You can splash it on if you want.

6. Dry your face off

7. I have the Proactiv set (Doesn't work well by itself, but does with this regiment) and use it, however you could just buy some lotion or something for your face (face cream I guess, but I'm not a chick so I dunno what it would be called)
Whats a sig?
Quote by Tedward
...TS if you have long hair you should cut it itll help quite a bit, otherwise you will probably need something prescription

Dude.. SCREW YOU!
Whats a sig?
Quote by lua4x

Stop washing your face so much? You overmedicate it and cause it to become irritated more easily. Just use proactive or something. See your dermatologist.
Quote by Bubbles203
If you can, try getting an ALA + red light treatment. You may need a recommendation from a dermatologist/aesthetician, but it gets rid of any nasties.

They use it for skin cancer patients.... it hurts like a bitch and takes all day, but it does work.

accutane can **** you up, but it can be worth it to some people. One of my friends had severe anger problems, and he couldn't help it.

EDIT: That was vague, sorry. Accutane has some nasty side effects, but they aren't common
Last edited by captaincrunk at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by Bubbles203

wtf ??

i'm on it right now and I just want to die cause my face is so dry!

if i laugh to much my lips will crack and eventually start bleeding.... it's helping me alot but it hurts alot also....but it's worth going through the pain and getting that acne gone!
accutane does hurt really bad sometimes... i'm on it right now. it takes about 3 months to start seeing results, but its worth it if you want clear skin
well....sorry
Go to a dermatologist and see whether you need a prescription or just a good amount of salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide. The internet cannot help you as much as a physical check.

And I have had Accutane. Buy lots of Chapstick, and some facial lotion (Neutrogena has a great "Oil Free Moisture" that's not at all greasy). Your skin does get permanently better with a treatment of 6 months of pills. Again, you need professional advice on this...don't go in and ask for them, see if you are recommended them in the first place.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Nov 25, 2008,