im in two bands. im in both of them with my best friend. one is a worship band and another is a rockband. My friend is Lead guitar in both of them. The drummer doesnt like me much but since he got us all together to play he picked roles. i hate playing rythm cause i think im better than my friend the drummer only thinks hes better cause they listen to the same music. Im sick of being underrated and just being pushed around. im better than my friend i should play lead cause the drummer knows im better but doesnt like me. im not leaving the band. what should i do?
invader wins
sameerbaja for president!!!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Pour beer in the bass player's pickups and prepare for an awesome life.

lmao nice megadeth reference
why don't you bring forward some stuff you want to play and be like I'll play lead on this or ask if you can switch on a certain song to play lead.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
"hey can you play this? no? I can......."

Quote by xHellbound
I don't know.. double lead? Dualing guitar solos is pretty cool if you ask me.

Like Iron Maiden >_>

MC name = Bearrorism
think of a song that you can play and that your best friend can't.

when he says he can't play, just say " well, I can". then show your superiority.

or just rawr very loudly in his face.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
i have i frikin asked if i could play lead he basically said no all your good for is rhythm
Destroy them all
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by InvaderTSN

Also a judo throw into the wall when he runs at you.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
invader wins
sameerbaja for president!!!

looks like someone wants to get sigged.

also, who cares if youre playing rhythm? if it really hurts you that bad, ask your friend to take the solo in the song without telling the drummer. if the drummer has a bitch fit, screw him. tell him it was one solo and its not like its going to tear apart the band

typical noobs to the forum. you all think the pit is your doctor

EDIT: just read one of your above posts:

if the guitarist is really your "best friend", he WILL let you solo
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
then just destroy the drummer
he sounds faggish
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Guitar duel. Do it. It's the only way.

But don't come back without vids.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by Phillitalian
looks like someone wants to get sigged.

i was going with the dave mustaine theme lol
i sense someones jealous
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Shove a drum stick in his ass and demand to play lead.
If he objects, rape.
Gear
Shitty Strat Knock off
Epiphone SG G-400
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric PF5
Shitty No-name acoustic
Shitty No-name amp
pick your balls up off the floor and put them back into your nutsack

i can't believe people actually join bands in which there's a bossy, controlling lunatic. Get everyone together, and either fire the drummer or quit. Problem solved.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
just because he got you all together doesn't mean he owns everything.

As long as you're friends with everyone else in the band you don't have to go to him for shit. Its a band, not (insert drummers name) plus 3. unless thats the name of your band... i hope not
Quote by InvaderTSN

Dave Mustaine had a huge struggle don't even say that, he's still to do this day terribly underrated, if he would have smartened up he could have stuck with Metallica, and they wouldn't of sold out, imagine that.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
Dave Mustaine had a huge struggle don't even say that, he's still to do this day terribly underrated, if he would have smartened up he could have stuck with Metallica, and they wouldn't of sold out, imagine that.

But if Dave hadn't left Metallica, we wouldn't have the masterpiece that is Rust in Peace.
your drummer runs your band? ...holy shit, unless your drummer is Steven Tyler, you're fucked

If you really are better than the other guitarist, prove it. Make it undeniable to everybody else in the band. Even if the drummer already knows you're better, you have to make it so obvious he can't pretend any different. If you can't do that, then you aren't better than him and should be satisfied as the rhythm player.

My mind is going. I can feel it.