I was at best buy the other day checking out their music department. They had some pretty nice stuff, and let you touch and try everything without having a salesman breathing down your neck (At my local music stores, if you even LOOK at that JCM800, they'll practically kick you out of the store.) One thing I noticed was this Damien V

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2009-DIAMOND-SERIES-Damien-V-1-Satin-Black-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2262C287.aspx

I really liked it as soon as I picked it up, it's one solid axe. I can't seem to find much information on them, however. It's basically a standard diamond series Damien, with a "V" shaped body and without the stupid staircase thing like on the B2.
Does anyone know where I can get some more info on it? I can't even find it on Schecter's website.
That is one sexy guitar. I want one.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
I came across a used Damien FR a few weeks ago and tried it out. I had heard a lot of crap about EMG Hz's and Schecter but hadn't owned either up to then. It's a great guitar. The neck seemed kind of fat to me at first. .. a bit like a Strat but felt a little different. ( A little thicker toward the headstock and thinner toward the bridge maybe) I played it and it felt so good. The HZ4's were great. Excellent pinch harmonics which is why I have the EPI SG 81/85. They have a distinctive sound and you'll either like em or hate em. It is a solid guitar though. I'll keep it for a while. A lot of people will hate on it cuz of the bat inlays but the inlays make no difference to the sound of it.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

It's a 2009 model, so it's not technically out yet. An e-mail went around about it earlier, but it's basically just a Damien in the Schecter V shape. I've never been a fan of the Damien series personally though.

Glad you enjoyed it. And another one is converted to Schecterism. :P
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
I do think the damiens are worth the price you pay> In my opinion Schecter makes great guitars.
So I'll just have to wait it out then, eh? Oh well, hopefully I can find it in a few months on musicians friend or zzounds or something. The specs are the exact same as the damien-6. Fixed string-thru bridge, h4, and h4a pickups, 24 XJ frets with the bat inlays (which you can't see for crap in the dark, but no big deal.) It's a little off set, the bottom wing is a little bigger than the top. It probably has to do with balance or housing the controls or something. It felt great at the store, despite it's shitty factory strings (why can't they just ship them with good ones?) I drug it out into the main floor and tried it on a Line 6 full stack with an ML-2, Dime wah, and a Carbon copy, and it sounded great. I busted out a blues driver too, just to check the cleans. They're EMG pickups but once the amp/pedal were set up right, it sounded great. Must have something to do with the passives.

tl;dr: It's a great guitar for the price, basically a standard damien with a V shape.
Go check it out, I was skeptical too. A friend of mine came back from boot camp a week or so ago, and went to buy some stuff there. He walked in, and there was this big enclosure full of great gear. Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanez, Schecters, Marshalls, Full Stacks, etc.
Has schecter released a 2009 catalog?
Guitars
Jackson js30rr 6-string fixed bridge
Schecter Demon 6-sting fixed bridge
Ibanez RGR421EXFM 6-string fixed bridge
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal
MXR KFK-1 Ten Band Equalizer
Schecter has not released a 2009 catalog as yet. I'm part of the Schecter forums and there's a thread there on 2009 models, but nothing concrete yet. Expect one in January i'd say.

Oh and as for the guitar, i haven't personally played a Damien V FR, but i've sat down with a nice gloss black Hellraiser V FR and I thought (for a v shaped guitar) it was really well balanced and felt like a solid, quality guitar. If it were me, i'd consider waiting in case a Blackjack ATX V FR came out, cos that'd really be unique, otherwise my personal choice of Schecter V's would be the hellraiser v fr.
Last edited by yenners at Nov 17, 2008,
I own a Schecter Damien V-1, I love it other than the fact that it is pretty heavy. EMG's are perfect, the quality is pretty good too. I love it but honestly, if a regular Damien was at the Best Buy I bought mine at, I'd have gotten that instead and switched out the pickups.
Quote by IronMaidenRules
So I'll just have to wait it out then, eh? Oh well, hopefully I can find it in a few months on musicians friend or zzounds or something. The specs are the exact same as the damien-6. Fixed string-thru bridge, h4, and h4a pickups, 24 XJ frets with the bat inlays (which you can't see for crap in the dark, but no big deal.) It's a little off set, the bottom wing is a little bigger than the top. It probably has to do with balance or housing the controls or something. It felt great at the store, despite it's ****ty factory strings (why can't they just ship them with good ones?) I drug it out into the main floor and tried it on a Line 6 full stack with an ML-2, Dime wah, and a Carbon copy, and it sounded great. I busted out a blues driver too, just to check the cleans. They're EMG pickups but once the amp/pedal were set up right, it sounded great. Must have something to do with the passives.

tl;dr: It's a great guitar for the price, basically a standard damien with a V shape.

it probably would've sounded better on a better amp.