Check out my band Altered Image here at www.myspace.com/alteredimagepa.

We are a metal band with mostly a thrash, groove, and metalcore sound, but also incorporating some influences from progressive and even power metal bands. All around we're influenced by all types of metal, but this is how we ended up sounding. I play the bass in the band if you were wondering. Our singer isn't the best (also the lead guitarist), but we're trying to find a new one so if you think the vocals aren't amazing just know that in the back of your head (SO IF YOU CAN SING AND LIVE NEAR US, LET US KNOW!!!).

Anyway, let me know what you think. Leave feedback here and on our myspace by adding us, and spread the word around!

EDIT: Also, all of the drum tracks had to be recorded with an electric set that we JUST got a double bass trigger for, so all of the drumming isn't that "intense" yet. But once we can record acoustic drums, it will be better. At least most of it sounds good in the first place since we have Pro Tools
Last edited by maidenforce19 at Nov 16, 2008,
****ing awesome. love the vocs, riffs are cool.
could use some better band pictures though.
Quote by exylum
****ing awesome. love the vocs, riffs are cool.
could use some better band pictures though.

Thanks. And noted, we'll change them. It was actually on our to-do list but we're lazy. Haha
yoo brett i decided to register here..

anyways for anyone else check us and do what the underground music scene should do. if you like the music send it to a friend because chances are they like it.

anyways...

ADD US
Quote by FadexToxBlack81
yoo brett i decided to register here..

anyways for anyone else check us and do what the underground music scene should do. if you like the music send it to a friend because chances are they like it.

anyways...

ADD US

That's Mike in our band if you didn't know. Yes, spread the word around. NOW.
ATTENTION EVERYBODY: We have a new song on our myspace called "Asphyxiation", and it's already a fan favorite. We have gotten a lot of positive remarks and comments on it and some say it's our best. It's not as heavy as the rest of our songs, but check it out and leave some feedback (and not just on that song). Thanks guys, and keep supporting us!
Very good quality recording,
Very nice vocal ideas floating round (especially where vocal layers overlap and harmonise etc)
dont really like the singer's voice though - it sounds like he's singing too quiet because his mum's in the next room or something. the vocals dont really have enough attitude for this kinda music.
i recon more screaming would be cool in the first song

instruments are very well played,
nicely constructed songs, however, Absent does sound a bit.. "absent".. something's missing. nice screaming in that song though, and the vocals are better there =]
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by tranzilethix
Not bad at all, I like the harmonies. Do you guys gig?

Thanks. And we haven't gigged yet, but we have a bunch of places we already know we're playing at starting in January. Our first "gig" isn't really all that great as it's in some kid's basement, but there's going to be tons of people and it's an annual party held every year that everyone knows about. Then (if you live in PA) we're playing at a place called Sacred Grounds, as well as the Yardley United Methodist Church, and more places such as the Fort Washington School of Rock. We also have lots of connections and friends that are in other bands, and we're all helping each other out and getting each other shows. So everything is going pretty well so far.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
Very good quality recording,
Very nice vocal ideas floating round (especially where vocal layers overlap and harmonise etc)
dont really like the singer's voice though - it sounds like he's singing too quiet because his mum's in the next room or something. the vocals dont really have enough attitude for this kinda music.
i recon more screaming would be cool in the first song

instruments are very well played,
nicely constructed songs, however, Absent does sound a bit.. "absent".. something's missing. nice screaming in that song though, and the vocals are better there =]

Thanks for the feedback. We use Pro Tools, so that's why it sounds pretty good for demos. And I agree with the singing. He wasn't singing quietly, it's just the mixing that got weird I guess (believe me he was screaming when it was recording ). And our singer is also one of our guitarists, and he wasn't supposed to be the singer until we realized that our chances of getting a new singer were impossible (because of a bad history and lack of new people to try), so we had no choice. He's not bad, but he's not amazing and I can agree with that, but I still think it sounds good.

And while we like screaming, we don't want it all the time. If I had to choose I would rather have either clean, high singing or thrash-type vocals, but our 2 guitarists refused to not have screaming, so I didn't mind. But I don't want it to take over all our songs, so that's why Asphyxiation has barely any screaming, and I like the type of singing in that. But opinions are opinions, so thanks for letting us know yours.

Keep spreading the word around and get more people in this thread!! I want our music to be recognized, so I would love to get more feedback from UG members.
I am posting an update because Altered Image is now gigging and we have 5 shows coming up in March. You can check our myspace for all the info (http://www.myspace.com/alteredimagepa). The newest shows haven't been posted yet, but they should be up later today or tomorrow.

Also, expect a few new songs to be released. They will probably be posted on our myspace when ready, and I'll let everyone know when that it. As of now, we have our 6 originals up, but we have about 5 more songs that are almost complete, as well as a cover of Caught in a Mosh by Anthrax and a joke cover of Stacy's Mom (for laughs). Come check us out and support us! Spread the word!
EDIT

we have a singer aha..

shows coming up as well it should be ****ing fun. Twilights Reprieve is now on the myspace its our longest and most epic so...

listen!
ADD OUR BAND ALUSTRIUM
Gear:
Carvin DC727
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Carvin V3
Carvin 412V-30 Cab
Kirk Hammett Cry Baby
EVH Phase 90
MXR Black Label Chorus
Digitech Whammy
ISP G-String Decimator