ok, so i play progressive, screamo, indie, and some hardcore stuff. kinda like saosin and fall of troy, but with aveneged sevenfold type solos and stuff.
im looking at a new amp, seeing as my crate isnt cutting it. i do play shows. and ill be playing out of a Fender Stratocaster (mim) and an Ibanez Jem.

i was looking at the Marshall JCM 600 and 900s. im getting them used if i do get it, but i dont know if i should put out the extra $200 for a 900. should i?
and will they fit my style at all anyway?
personally ive never heard the 600

but i have heard the 900 live and it seems right up your alley

then again i have heard from people that they like the 600 better, but then again its only preference

try before you buy

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The 600s, are completely different from the 900s
The 900s are pretty decent. How much are you paying for either of these?
The 900 has one of my favourite distorted tones, get it. It's better to save a little longer and get something better.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Highwaytohell
The 600s, are completely different from the 900s
The 900s are pretty decent. How much are you paying for either of these?

the 600 is about $400 - $500 used. the 900 is about $600 - $800 used. just the heads though. ive got an orange cab.
i really like 900s, but i've never heard a 600 to compare it to. i say go with the 900
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.