well I turned it way up today about 8 on the MV and It blew a fuse and smelled of electrical wire burning. It wasn't a cap and it isn't the transformer. cracked resistor maybe?

I'm gonna take it to a tech but what the heck huh? It has new tubes and a new speaker any ideas?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
sounds like a resistor, if you scour the board I'm sure you'll find a burnt out one, since the fuse blew it maybe not have totally busted the resistor.

BTW, thanks for putting me on your list
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yeah np you are defintaly worth listening to haha

btw yeah there is a nice little burnt spot on the PCB board with a cracker resistor
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I am really surprised that this happened.... especially at that volume. I could see it blowing the fuse ONLY at MV 10 for like an hour... and maybe some burning smell coming after that.... but not blowing a resistor at that level.

I would maybe look over the board before taking it to a tech, for sure. Especially because then you may be able to do the repair yourself and save you some cash....

Might be worth doing that.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
yeah you have to relize it a 25 year old amp though and it was in a smokers house and a couple of other things but I don't have the schem so I don't know what the ohms the resistor is
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
What are the color bands on it? If that's all that happened then you can repair it in less than five minutes (depending on how long it takes to get the board out so you can get to the back)
I cant really tell it's all burned remeber? haha I'll see if I can just wipe it off
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yeah you have to relize it a 25 year old amp though and it was in a smokers house and a couple of other things but I don't have the schem so I don't know what the ohms the resistor is

I will see what I can find online for schemes for you
^^As soon as I posted I thought about that.

^Just pray you get the right revision.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^^As soon as I posted I thought about that.

^Just pray you get the right revision.

fack.... just as you posted that I thought about that....

Bostonrocks, do you know what rev. the amp is... or maybe can you pull a serial or something?
I'm almost positive from what I have read it a REV 1

gimme a second I'll see if I can find a serial

Serial no. 2195 wow one of the first ones it looks like
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
It's all good, thanks for the help guys!
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
It's all good, thanks for the help guys!

Good to hear man!