Page 1 of 3
And it wasn't too bad. It all started when I posted a comment this morning on a PETA article on Myspace. I said that PETA kills more animals than it saves each year. I got an e-mail from said activist (I'll call her Karen). At that point, I was expecting the worst. I was expecting a ton of flaming and the like. But it didn't turn out that way at all.

Here is a copy of the e-mails between us:

Karen:
Hey i was just wondering how peta kills more animals than it saves every year?? Im interested to hear your point of view. Many Thanks!

Me:
Here, Watch these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHUBEfBNMo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Eo4KtBJFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXjwDqz4gWM

(For any of you pit monkeys that don't want to watch the video, the links are to P&T's Bullshit episode on PETA)

There's lots of swearing, and it is tilted against PETA, but it raises some good points, and that's where I got the information from.

Karen:
Hey there, Many Thanks for sending me those links. The vid does raise a lot of valid issues & problems with peta. A lot of wich i never really considered before. Im hardcore against senseless killing/abuse of animals- don't eat meat, wear leather,or take my kids to the circus. But i think there is a lot of human suffering everywhere around the world that needs to be addressed as well. They made some really interesting points about the animal testing as well. Something to think about...Thanx again, I appreciate hearing diffrent points of view.
*much love*

All I can say is....wow. I have never met a person that open minded before, but from PETA?? That's insanely awesome!

tl;dr: I talked to a PETA activist, and she wasn't a close-minded douchebag.

Discuss.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
You've pretty much found the unicorn of PETA activists.

Hopefully they didn't "rescue" the unicorn and then put it down later.
I'm a vegan, I'm pro animal rights, I don't believe in animal exploitation...but I always hated PETA for being arseholes about it. Good to see they're not all like that.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I love how her top three boycotts are:

1. Meat
2. Leather
3. Circus
PETA is like an elementary school protest. right idea, but c'mon seriously?
Quote by shadow__666
I'm a vegan, I'm pro animal rights, I don't believe in animal exploitation...but I always hated PETA for being arseholes about it. Good to see they're not all like that.

Yeah, if you want to fight for animal rights, you shouldn't harass people. They should try more civil ways of achieving their goals, like supporting laws that limit or eliminate animal cruelty.

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by Maidenfan066
Hopefully everybody involved in PETA dies in a pit of zombies.

Fixed for br00tality.
I reckon that if I do my part, at least I can sleep well at night. Because I'm not dumb enough to believe that just cause I gave up eating steak and cheese means that you or anyone else will.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
She's just being nice because she wants your penis.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Once people throughout are freed from oppression and are allowed their basic human rights, I'll care about whether we treat animals ethically or not.
Have you ever seen the PETA stickers? A friend of mine gave me some. One says "I am not a nugget" and has a picture of a chicken. Another says "Jesus loves me too!" and has another chicken on it. Outstanding.
Wait, you mean....

SOMEONE DEFIED THE STEREOTYPE ACCEPTED, WITHOUT QUESTION, AS FACT BY THE PIT????

That's messed up.
I'm a member of People Eating Tasty Animals if anyone cares to know....

Yeah, PETA seems to think that it's better to kill a rescued animal (save it from pain) than nurse it back to health. I also think that People > Animals. And I like meat because it's good for the body, I like leather because it is warm and durable and can protect against heat (take work gloves, for example), and etc etc.

But it's nice to know that there is a member of PETA out there who is actually pretty open minded and not an extremist.

EDIT: I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans or whatever. But I hate how some people won't eat meat just because it kills animals. Some people give me terrible looks when I mention that both of my parents grew up on farms with livestock. My mom's father still raises cattle and slaughters them himself (though he's very humane about it, it's pretty much euthanasia) and my dad's father does dairy and eggs. Both of my grandfathers are humane and treat their livestock well and both could actually become certified organic farmers, but some people still give me a hard time.
Last edited by dudius at Nov 17, 2008,
Quote by Maidenfan066
Hopefully everybody involved in PETA dies in a pit of fire.

Hopefully YOU will die in a pit of fire filled with flesh eating zombies! Seriously, don't stereotype EVERYONE involved in PETA. It should be obvious from my first post that some of them aren't all that bad. (although a big chunk of them do get extreme).

Quote by Xiaoxi
She's just being nice because she wants your penis.

! No, I looked on her Myspace profile. She's married.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by Spamwise
Once people throughout are freed from oppression and are allowed their basic human rights, I'll care about whether we treat animals ethically or not.

Beautifully said. I love how almost all vegans/vegetarians are spoiled suburbanite kids that are so clueless about world events that not eating a few braindead cows is how they "change the world."
Quote by KwikKopy
I love how her top three boycotts are:

1. Meat
2. Leather
3. Circus

I reckon we should start a band called Meat Leather Circus, it sounds real already!
You dont need pants for the victory dance!
i cry so hard laughing hysterically at the peta episode of south park where the peta guy throws blood on diddys million dollar coat, needless to say said activist gets shot
Quote by Chapsta
I reckon we should start a band called Meat Leather Circus, it sounds real already!

If you're not a bassist we could be on to something here.

I can play guitar sufficiently too, but bass is where I shine.
I get not killing animals pointlessly, but meat is good, leather is what baseball gloves are made out of, and circuses make me laugh. I don't see what the problem is if you are putting the animal to good use and not just killing it and letting it rot.

EDIT:
Quote by Chapsta

I've got vocals! Unless of course you're thinking metal. In which case never mind.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by dudius
EDIT: I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans or whatever. But I hate how some people won't eat meat just because it kills animals. Some people give me terrible looks when I mention that both of my parents grew up on farms with livestock. My mom's father still raises cattle and slaughters them himself (though he's very humane about it, it's pretty much euthanasia) and my dad's father does dairy and eggs. Both of my grandfathers are humane and treat their livestock well and both could actually become certified organic farmers, but some people still give me a hard time.

If I ran PETA, this is what I would aim for. Humane treatment of animals, with the benefits of animal products. You can't just make consumption of meat go away entirely, but you can make it a little more humane.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
I'll stop eating meat when it stops tasting so delicious and deer stop frolicking in my back yard.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by Spamwise

Who's to say you can't support more than one cause at a time.

I care about people, but I still don't want to see a kitten set on fire.
Quote by black007hawk2
If I ran PETA, this is what I would aim for. Humane treatment of animals, with the benefits of animal products. You can't just make consumption of meat go away entirely, but you can make it a little more humane.

Agreed.
Quote by KwikKopy
If you're not a bassist we could be on to something here.

I can play guitar sufficiently too, but bass is where I shine.

Bass is where my four month-old niece shines.

And learn to find the edit button.
Double posting is bad!
Quote by black007hawk2

ok, set 20 million cows up in a line for me and I'll go get my rifle so they can get out of the torturous slaughter house treatment
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Bass is where my four month-old niece shines.

And learn to find the edit button.
Double posting is bad!

Yeah, you're cooler than me because I play bass.

Is it double posting if there are 14 posts between my 2? Is this a triple post now? Hope you weren't referring to me with that.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fixed for br00tality.

A pit of zombie animals for poetic justice.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Maidenfan066
ok, set 20 million cows up in a line for me and I'll go get my rifle so they can get out of the torturous slaughter house treatment

Meet me outside, I've got the ammo.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by KwikKopy
Yeah, you're cooler than me because I play bass.

Is it double posting if there are 14 posts between my 2? Is this a triple post now? Hope you weren't referring to me with that.

Nope, was referring to the guy above me.
Also, your mother is at my place. She said to please take the dog out in the morning.
Quote by blackflag49
Who's to say you can't support more than one cause at a time.

I care about people, but I still don't want to see a kitten set on fire.

You can, but our focus needs to be on humanitarian issues first and foremost.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Nope, was referring to the guy above me.
Also, your mother is at my place. She said to please take the dog out in the morning.

Why would I take the dog out? I don't live with my mom. I live in my own house. You apparently live with your mom since you assumed such a thing would hold true for me. Congratulations.
Jesus finally an open minded person who isnt like "you dont think like I do then **** you"
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by KwikKopy
Why would I take the dog out? I don't live with my mom. I live in my own house. You apparently live with your mom since you assumed such a thing would hold true for me. Congratulations.

Nope, I live with my fiance. But she cleans up after me and lets me suck her titties, so close enough.
Quote by Natrone
I get not killing animals pointlessly, but meat is good, leather is what baseball gloves are made out of, and circuses make me laugh. I don't see what the problem is if you are putting the animal to good use and not just killing it and letting it rot.

the problem is (imo) that another creature doesn't get to live its life. im a big supporter of i should get to do what i like and if it doesn't effect anyone else, others shouldn't interfere with that. living is all anyone has, lots of cool shit happens like smiling, eating lots of food, having friends, fapping, fornication, seeing cool shit like sun sets. taking all that away from someone isn't worth the satisfaction i get from a burger, and wont ever be close. im not in a survival based food scarcity environment, i can live without eating meat. the user of that body can get a lot more out of it than i can.
how do you know she was a PETA activist? it sounds like she was just interested
Page 1 of 3