Poll: Vypr or Vt30?
Poll Options
View poll results: Vypr or Vt30?
Peavey Vypyr 30 30w
22 47%
Vox Valvetronix VT30 30w
25 53%
Voters: 47.
I can't decide between the two, I checked both out at GC and it was so damn loud in there because of some dickwad playing a spider 3 so loud right next to me I couldn't hear much. (This kid didn't even know how to play either) Anyways, I got the chance to try the vox VT30 (brand new model! 22 amp models + tons of other things) and hardly a peavey vypyr (I think i got a hold of the 15w.)

Both create great sound but the vypyr was hard to figure out and really get a feel for in 15 minutes.

I'm going to be playing mainly: Rush, Boston, GnR, possible Zeppelin, metallica, pantera, and some other metal. For the most part though, classic rock.

I'd like to be able to use a exclusive pedal (I.E. sanpera footpedal) but I don't know of a vox one.

Can anyone help me decide???
ahh Boston and rush.

get the vox. but what s your budget you can probably do better
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
If it's out of those 2, Vox. Given that you want to play some metal, though, may I suggest a Roland Cube?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The new Vox VT series amps are quite nice. If you want to play heavier stuff and need the amp to take a pedal or two the Vypyr is most definately the way to go. I love my Vypyr, it's a very good amp full of quality useable tones.
Quote by Rickjames730
Both create great sound but the vypyr was hard to figure out and really get a feel for in 15 minutes.

I'd like to be able to use a exclusive pedal (I.E. sanpera footpedal) but I don't know of a vox one.

I vote for the Vypyr 30 (I've got one and it's great). It does take longer than 15 minutes to figure it out but after you figure out how everything works it's a really good amp. I plan on getting a Sanpera pedal for mine too but they have been delayed again. Now they say 12-26-08 will be the release date.
I'd go for the peavey envoy. 45 watt... power of a 75 watt. Transtube. Although the vyper is transtube it sounds digital as hell. I hate modeling amps.
Unless you get the hybrid version. Then I say go for the hybrid! But I wouldnt go for the solid state vyper.
Quote by Rickjames730
I can't decide between the two, I checked both out at GC and it was so damn loud in there because of some dickwad playing a spider 3 so loud right next to me I couldn't hear much. (This kid didn't even know how to play either) Anyways, I got the chance to try the vox VT30 (brand new model! 22 amp models + tons of other things) and hardly a peavey vypyr (I think i got a hold of the 15w.)

I'm going to be playing mainly: Rush, Boston, GnR, possible Zeppelin, metallica, pantera, and some other metal. For the most part though, classic rock.

Can anyone help me decide???

VOX has the VFS5 foot switch, which allows users to turn effects on/off, switch between presets, and other cool things while playing.

VOX has an awesome lead and an amazing clean sound, while the Vypyr dominates in terms of a rhythm amp. So for your kinds of music, I reccomend the VOX. One thing, though, is that I use the VOX and my friend uses the Vypyr, and they really sound good together.
Vox wins classic rock and even hard rock. Vypyr wins metal.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

or a superchampxd... of your choices, the vox. but try a superchamp for the love of all things tonal...
I've never liked the VT series. Some people love them but it's really an opinion thing. Vyper is better IMO
I hate my sig
This thread is two years old guys... just sayin'.

*reported*

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.