Okay, so I've narrowed it down to these three options, I can get a Blues Deluxe and an OD, a Hot Rod Deluxe and an OD, or a Deluxe Reverb Reissue without an OD for Christmas.... I need some headroom for cleans and I mainly play John Mayer stuff... along with Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, and some Zeppelin and stuff...

Thanks for the help...
well, I have a hrd, and it's really good for mayer suff, even without an OD (although an od is necessary for anything with more distortion than dirty blues)
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I am pretty sure he relied heavily on a Blues Junior for a while.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by tincho729
well, I have a hrd, and it's really good for mayer suff, even without an OD (although an od is necessary for anything with more distortion than dirty blues)

i have to agree

im covering goodlove is on the way next week lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

He played a Blues Junior on Chapelle's Show >_>
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
If you gig and you need cleans then a deluxe reverb might not have enough headroom for you. If you decide it does have enough then go for it, otherwise I'd get the blues deluxe.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
If you gig and you need cleans then a deluxe reverb might not have enough headroom for you. If you decide it does have enough then go for it, otherwise I'd get the blues deluxe.

Eh, I wouldn't really compare the DR and the Blues Deluxe. The Hot Rod series isn't really like the other Fenders (e.g. DR, Twin Reverb, Super Reverb, etc.). If you wanted more headroom I'd say get a Super Reverb, but those might be a little out of your price range and it's a bitch to haul around a 4x10 combo.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Hot Rod of some sort.

And an EQ that looks like this
Quote by VoodooCow229
Eh, I wouldn't really compare the DR and the Blues Deluxe. The Hot Rod series isn't really like the other Fenders (e.g. DR, Twin Reverb, Super Reverb, etc.). If you wanted more headroom I'd say get a Super Reverb, but those might be a little out of your price range and it's a bitch to haul around a 4x10 combo.

I wasn't comparing them
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
No offense, but why would you want that? That's like asking for a Hendrix tone!

But here - buy a Blue Junior and a Fender Strat. Now turn the bass way down, turn the treble up, and have the mids low. The signature "Mayer tone".
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by NeoGuitarist
NeoGuitarist is t3h 1337z0rz!
I remember reading he used a HRDx for the Room for Squares album - not sure how true that is.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
De Deluxe Reverb is miles and miles ahead of the Hot Rod/Blues. It's just a better amp, it will sound more like that classic Fender sound. Not that the Hot Rod/Blues Deluxe are bad amps, not at all, but the Deluxe Reverb is simply better.
I'd say get that one and get an OD later.

As far as headroom, the Deluxe Reverb has 22 watts but it's ridiculously loud when turned up high enough to get the power tubes overdriving. I wouldn't worry about headroom that much.
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
A Blues Junior or Blues Deluxe would suit you just fine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments