I keep reading that I should set a goal in whatever I am doing, whether it be playing music or life in general. I don't know what I want to do as a bass player. All I know is I want to play music with other people and enjoy myself while doing it.

What are your goals as a bass player?
Mine are basically the same as yours. I started playing bass because I wanted to play music, and the band Im in now just happened to need a bassist.

Just to be on stage doing what I love, and knowing the crowd enjoys it is satisfaction enough for me
i.play
||
supported.by
||

"...If you think you're alive, you're better off dead"
As a bassist, I just want to play music I like the sound and feel of.
As a musician, I want to make music that I and other people love the sound and feel of.
my goal is to give people something with my music.
and of course getting better every day : )

when im on stage and play with my band then i forget everything around me and just make music....thats the best feeling ever !!
Quote by satanplaysbass
my goal is to give people something with my music.
and of course getting better every day : )

when im on stage and play with my band then i forget everything around me and just make music....thats the best feeling ever !!

Bingo!!
i.play
||
supported.by
||

"...If you think you're alive, you're better off dead"
Well my main goal ultimatly is to just serve the song.

As far as bass playing goes, I did not intentionaly plan on being a "bassist" originally. I was/am a guitarist that was pretty much contracted to join a freind's band as a bass player. I wanted to be in a band so I took up bass and here I am, and I love it. That band plays mainly Blues/70s rock so I guess my main role is just to lock in with the drummer and keep things interesting with minor and major scale runs. I try my best to refrain from just root notes but if i get too busy the guitarist gives me shit..

Ah the good 'ol band politics/ego wars can really screw with us bassists huh?
there is a thread for this, I believe.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by pepsi_lovr
What are your goals as a bass player?

Complete and total world domination on my terms and only my terms. I've hit a few snags thus far.

For example, spending 45 minutes decided whether or not to boost my shelving bass control to 1.5db or 3db, and at either point, whether I should boost 65Hz or 70Hz. And even worse, I find an alarming, alarming difference between the two. Or four.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Nov 17, 2008,
being able to make/play fantastic music,
and won't be holded back my something which is called technique >.>

I am close with it, with my left hand,
but my right sucks

another goal is to own a musicman bongo >.> it would make my life perfect
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
To stay off the streets and out of the bars. Well, one out of two ain't bad, I guess.....
i love music and im not gonna lie, i wanted to be in a band and bass seemed the easiest way to do that...

and now i love it
I'd say my goal was just to make music, but obviously it's not much of a goal if you're doing it already.

My goal is to be able to make a living making music so I can do it all the time.