Well yesterday I got my RR3, and I've been so happy with it. It's my first Floyd Rose guitar, and, as you do, I was peeking around with allen keys and screwdrivers checking it out.

So just before I go to bed, I tune it up, then fine-tune it. Except, the E string pops out of the bridge.

Long story short, I realised that I was trying to tune it with the saddle block. Whoops.

What's your stories of stupid mess ups?
spent a few seconds turning the wrong tuning peg and wondering why the Hell it didn't change...

then I returned to normal functioning and realize "oh shit, wrong peg"...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
one time i kept trying to loosen the nut
i kept trying and it wouldnt loosen
and i realized that i was tightening the shit out of it

coincidentally/unfortunately it was on my beautiful rr3
Alot of times I kept turning the volume knob on my amp while trying to figure out why the heck there was still no sound..so yeah, forgot to plug the damn thing in first lol xD

And another time I kept tuning the guitar, which was actually fined tuned by a friend of mine (it is a floyd rose) and BAM..snapped a string..Forgot I could only fine-tune it in it`s locked state xD..I was so pissed off cause It was the first day I got it, and I had to wait some days to get it fixed again :P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by Rokkec at Nov 17, 2008,
It wasn't really a mess up, more just deterioration. I had my mums bf's Jackson Kelly that was like 11 years old, and we set the bridge to full floating, then when I tried to do a squeal, the string popped out of the saddle... When I tried to put it back in the saddle snaped in half... Happened like 3 times. >.> Oh well, old age does that. Never made a mess up on my new flying V =D
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by JessicaGonzo
if i said mine i would get laughed at.

I'll laugh at you if you don't say it. Come back here and tell the story or suffer my taunting and derision.

i haven't really done anything that stupid but I keep hitting the headstock of my guitars on the ceiling of the top floor of my house, they're much lower up here than downstairs and I keep forgetting that. Luckily they're not dented as yet.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'll laugh at you if you don't say it. Come back here and tell the story or suffer my taunting and derision.

i haven't really done anything that stupid but I keep hitting the headstock of my guitars on the ceiling of the top floor of my house, they're much lower up here than downstairs and I keep forgetting that. Luckily they're not dented as yet.

Lol I keep doing that too..in my band`s practice room xD..the ceiling is just too low..I almost hit my friend`s LP too haha..and he just barely handed it to me..he was kinda scared lol..

Oh, and one time, or should I say, a couple of times I used my friend`s tuner and put the guitar cable in the output channel and was just like "WTF" is it showing lol..but these things happen mostly cause I tend to rush things sometimes:P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by Rokkec at Nov 17, 2008,
Haha, when I was in India on vacation I wanted to play over the summer so we borrowed a guitar. Didn't realize it had a LFR, so I was trying to tune up (I should have figured out something was wrong when like 5 turns didn't change anything) and I snapped the high E string between the tuning peg and the nut...the thing is I could still play it, but we had to get it restrung before returning it. I swear, that 1st string sitting in place but off the headstock was taunting me.
Quote by skynyrd890
spent a few seconds turning the wrong tuning peg and wondering why the Hell it didn't change...

then I returned to normal functioning and realize "oh shit, wrong peg"...

First time I tuned my electric by myself I did that, but I just kept going and broke the string

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I've done that too, and I chipped some paint off once X-(
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
I once hit myself in the mouth with the headstock. Quite a bloody mess that was...
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I played in F standard ._.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Instant Mash
I once hit myself in the mouth with the headstock. Quite a bloody mess that was...

I hope it wasn't a Dean or a BC Rich.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by DotSick
I played in F standard ._.

eric clapton does that sometimes
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I connected my 8volt pedal to the mains using a 12v power supply...
It made a loud pop then it spouted green smoke which was the cause of a 3 day headache.
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
Quote by Skynyrd890

then I returned to normal functioning and realize "oh ****, wrong peg"...

I have done that until the string broke. Don't tune a guitar while under the influence.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Trying to put it in drop A.

With 9-42's.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
^lol nice work. I'd have to say the worst thing i've done is raising the action to high that the e string snapped. Hey i was young. lol
And the other, since my guitar has reversed headstock, i was thinking my bottom tuner was for the low E string, instead it was the high e. And i was there for a bit trying to work out why it wasnt doing wat i wanted. Ah well we all make mistakes.
I do stupid things like forgetting to plug the instrument cable into a pedal and stuff of that nature all the time.

In the spirit of people being hit with headstocks, a buddy of mine basically ****ing harpooned me in the eye with the headstock of a MH-400 on accident on time.Got a nice black eye from that one.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.