Hey pit, i just got back from a concert and of course, i have that horrible ringing in my ears. Do any of you have anyway of getting rid of it faster? Just checkin, because it's pretty bad this time.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
who did you see?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by Zenith Lead
Hey pit, i just got back from a concert and of course, i have that horrible ringing in my ears. Do any of you have anyway of getting rid of it faster? Just checkin, because it's pretty bad this time.

PARDON?!?
Jet Black stare opened, Then Tantric, then Drowning Pool, and Then Saliva
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
There's no way of getting that off..it'll go away on it's own

...Somone once told me something along the lines of "You got some part of your ears hurt, and when the ringing stops you'll become deaf (on that frequency)"

think that's real?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by Bignose
T A K E L O T S O F D R U G S A N D S L E E P I T O F F !

yeah that's what i thought........
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
Nice, I loved Saliva when I saw them. Except their rhythm guitarist, he creeped me out.

You should get ear plugs for concerts, the ringing could become permanent hearing loss (if I'm not mistaken).
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
i had it for like a whole day after standing right in front of Theory of a Deadman, Black Stone Cherry, and Seether. Awesome concert
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Quote by thsrayas
Nice, I loved Saliva when I saw them. Except their rhythm guitarist, he creeped me out.

You should get ear plugs for concerts, the ringing could become permanent hearing loss (if I'm not mistaken).

Yeah. I told everyone we should bring some kind of ear plugs and they said, "No way. That would be stupid." then after the concert they said,"Man, we shoulda brought ear plugs." I punched them.

And i saw black stone cherry too. They were awesome. And they recently got busted with pot on the Canadian border.
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
Quote by Zenith Lead
Yeah. I told everyone we should bring some kind of ear plugs and they said, "No way. That would be stupid." then after the concert they said,"Man, we shoulda brought ear plugs." I punched them.

And i saw black stone cherry too. They were awesome. And they recently got busted with pot on the Canadian border.

Yeah my friends make fun of me for wearing ear plugs, but at the end of the concert my ears don't hurt and theirs are ringing constantly. I just saw Metallica a few weeks ago and I wore ear plugs through most of the concert but I took them out at the beginning of Enter Sandman to see how it sounded and I could actually hear them better with my plugs in so I shoved them back in after the first chorus. They seem to reduce the background noise (the cheering, other people singing, etc.) so I could actually hear the band better.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
Yeah my friends make fun of me for wearing ear plugs, but at the end of the concert my ears don't hurt and theirs are ringing constantly. I just saw Metallica a few weeks ago and I wore ear plugs through most of the concert but I took them out at the beginning of Enter Sandman to see how it sounded and I could actually hear them better with my plugs in so I shoved them back in after the first chorus. They seem to reduce the background noise (the cheering, other people singing, etc.) so I could actually hear the band better.

yeah i noticed that i could hear the music better when i plugged my ears. I'm definitely doing that the next concert i got to.
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
Quote by tincho729
There's no way of getting that off..it'll go away on it's own

...Somone once told me something along the lines of "You got some part of your ears hurt, and when the ringing stops you'll become deaf (on that frequency)"

think that's real?

Yeah. It's tinnitus.
The ringing is called Tinnitus I think. It eventually becomes permanent too.
I already have it a bit and now I wear earplugs to all gigs and band practices.
The one bit of advice I always get for older guys is wear ear protection to gigs. As mentioned before it can make everything sounds better and it stops you from going deaf when you're older.
I was deaf for about 5 days after yngwie malmsteen, so i've started wearing earplug's. It's the way to go my friend.
Quote by Bignose
T A K E L O T S O F D R U G S A N D S L E E P I T O F F !

Bignose knows his stuff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The ringing is called tinnitus. I got unlucky at a concert I went to last month and now my ringing is permanent. Maybe yours might go away, if it does, consider yourself lucky and wear your damn earplugs.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
yeahhh, these people are right,
it goes away with time. maybe i should
try going to a concert with ear plugs, cuz the
ringing took like hours for it to go away, which
sucked, A LOT.
dw it goes away by its self when i saw motorhead earlier this month i had the same thing man they were loud!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
This happened to me only last week and the ringing lasted for two days. I freaked out a little bit as I thought there was a chance it was permanent but it did thank god.

Next gig I'll get earplugs - you may look like a tool but give it five years and we'll see who's the tool. Hearing > Looking cool.

And yes there's nothing you can do to make it stop faster only avoid loud environments for a while. It'll go in its own time...
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Motorhead loudest band, i went, ears were ringing for a week not good

but concert was the best thing ever
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I have permanent tinnitus, so will anyone who doesn't protect their ears at shows. But probably listening to loud music on my iPod is what did it. That's far worse than being at a loud show.
i've been to a few concert and i had some pretty bad ringing. After i saw Chevelle my ears rang for about two months. The last concert i went to was Sevendust, bitchin concert btw, but i wore earplugs and it was definitely a good idea.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga