Page 1 of 2
A lot. There's tons of songs that make sound come out of one ear piece and the other and keep doing that. This is sooo annoying and ruins some songs i like.. I mean, if it's a real live concert they wouldn't be able to do that shit would they? Cant they just leave it so the sound comes out from both ear pieces.. shit it's so annoying
Have similar thoughts??

/rant
You mean like panning?

and you wanna scrap 30 years of stereo technology because it doesn't sound like in the "real shows?"
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by LDSheep
I LOVE when songs do that, especially with songs like Money :}

Money! Get away!
Get a good job with a good pay'an'your O.K.!
...great song and crazy sfx at the beginning
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
that hendrix song that has the guitar panned only on the right channel and the vocals on the left (for the entire song), its annoying as hell
Especially when it goes for a long time, it's like your left/right ear gets all the sound and the other is so dull
yeah, screw stereo sound. that stuff's laaame. /sarcasm

p.s.
i like how the people with toki and skwisgaar avatars replied one right after the other...
Trust me, this effect is used in so many songs it's not funny. If you can find a modern day song with absolutely no panning, then... wow...

It just depends how they go about it, I get really annoyed if they pan one of the main parts directly to one side.
not in terms of panning but every song on Iggy and the Stooges' 'Raw Power' distorts the speakers/headphones but it's supposed to they purposely overloaded the guitar sounds.

Oh and btw stfu noob it's called spacial distancing ook it up, it's how they mix music, and it's also a way of being creative, songs aren't finished as soon as you record them you know.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Regression
Trust me, this effect is used in so many songs it's not funny. If you can find a modern day song with absolutely no panning, then... wow...

It just depends how they go about it, I get really annoyed if they pan one of the main parts directly to one side.

yeah like some Beatles songs that has vocals on one side and drums on the other...quite annoying.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
along these same lines, does anyone know of a program that can make songs play out of only one ear? the panning and separation or whatever is nice, but when im in class i can usually only have one headphone on and its annoying as hell when i can only hear half of the music.
The only reason i dont like it is when you are sharing earbuds with someone. One person always gets screwed on not being able to hear the guitar or vocals.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by hmblm12
along these same lines, does anyone know of a program that can make songs play out of only one ear? the panning and separation or whatever is nice, but when im in class i can usually only have one headphone on and its annoying as hell when i can only hear half of the music.

On some mp3s there may be a setting, I'm not 100% sure.

TS, listen to some trance music. It's a very important effect in alot of trance songs. It might be annoying, but it allows individual parts to have more clarity. When there is absolutely no panning, then it comes as a wall of sound.
Pretty much all beatles after magical mystery tour are seperated somehow, and its cool to listen to. Like on the white album, in yer blues, you can hear the original solo before one was overdubed on it...
Quote by qstionauthority
Why would you have a problem with that? It's like hearing in 3D.

That's exactly what it's meant for.

I love it.
Quote by LDSheep
I LOVE when songs do that, especially with songs like Money :}

well all floyd is headphone music. theres just so much you can miss without headphones.
It's annoying when you're trying to share earbuds, but other than that, I really like it when there's a lead guitar on one side, and then there's another guitar harmonizing with it on the other side.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by ScythePuppet
The Offspring - End of the Line

I personally like it

Yeah, that is good.

Another song, well, kinda, Coffee Shop by Red Hot Chili Peppers. In one ear you get the vocals and if you take it out, you can hear the rest of the band going "na nanana na" to the song. It's pretty awesome
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
Harmonized solos FTW. As a keyboardist, they bring me orgasms. I love them, and I also love when in the start the rhythm is in one headphone only and sounds really thin, then - BOOM - crushing riff. But since I always fvck up one of my headphones, I miss a lot if I don't buy new ones.
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
A lot. There's tons of songs that make sound come out of one ear piece and the other and keep doing that. This is sooo annoying and ruins some songs i like.. I mean, if it's a real live concert they wouldn't be able to do that shit would they? Cant they just leave it so the sound comes out from both ear pieces.. shit it's so annoying
Have similar thoughts??

/rant

I know. It's totally tits, man.
Live Wire (AC/DC). I love the song, but it does grate a bit when you have to strain one ear just to hear the bassline.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by seljer
that hendrix song that has the guitar panned only on the right channel and the vocals on the left (for the entire song), its annoying as hell

A lot of the Hendrix songs I've listened to do that.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Panning can be as much a part of the music as melody etc. Listen to some Aphex Twin for example, the panning alone can take you places
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Dean Performer DSE
Vox AD30VT
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Quote by qstionauthority
Why would you have a problem with that? It's like hearing in 3D.

Whoa...my mind hath been blown.
<Han> I love Hitler
http://www.headphone.com/products/faqs/about-headroom-crossfeed/

If you have the money, here's the solution.

Psychostick's Throwing Down has a bit of this...two hilarious rants, one in each ear.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Meant to Live - Switchfoot
The Intro.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

i know i've heard quite a few, but the only thing i can think of right now is "The Boys are Back in Town", and that's just with the vocals in the chorus.
I like it, particularly with the pan on some of Hendrix's stuff. There probably should be a way to set your mp3 player to mono though (and play both channels through each earphone), in case you want to share earphones. That would be a good idea.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by Simsimius
A lot of the Hendrix songs I've listened to do that.

Crosstown Traffic is the main one that comes to mind, that one messed with my ears BAD when i heard it lol
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Page 1 of 2