Hey guys im new here and reviewed some of the sites threads and haven't found an appropriate one for my question so im posting here.. Redirect me if this is the wrong place.

Anyway, im looking to buy my first electric guitar and im pretty set on the one im buying (Squier Standard Telecaster Black and Chrome). My only strife with the guitar is that it's black annd well I want the exact opposite; white. Not only that i'd like the pickguard to be black (going for the look of Jim Root's signature guitar without spending $949.00).

I know I can just repaint the body and pickguard but that is just a hassle for me. Is there a store or site where I can get a personally customized guitar? Im located in La Palma CA (soCAL) so if anyone knows a place near there some help would be greatly appreciated.
Check your local classified listings? Google it? Ask for information in local guitar shops?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You're not going to be able to get at a starter guitar price. Your best chance for that is to look used, but seriously, you shouldn't pick a guitar based on appearance.

By the way, completely custom guitars usually go at $1000+.
warmoth?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by caraluzzo
I've never seen a custom for only $1000. What company?

Good local luthiers usually charge much less than the bigger companies, if you're looking to go custom always look for smaller luthiers in your local area first as they're more likely to do whatever you want for a much more reasonable price. A lot of the bigger companies say "custom" when what they mean is "different pickups and hardware on one of our existing guitars".

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Let me rephrase, I understand that one shouldn't pick a guitar solely on the appearance and I know that. I've read reviews and have gotten a personal reccomendation. And by "custom" I just mean two paintjobs; the body and the pickguard.
Quote by kn0tty91
Let me rephrase, I understand that one shouldn't pick a guitar solely on the appearance and I know that. I've read reviews and have gotten a personal reccomendation. And by "custom" I just mean two paintjobs; the body and the pickguard.

Go to local guitar shops and ask about places to get the body re-finished, the pickguard should just be replaced, not painted.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Buy a white squier and get a new pickguard. Pickguards go for about £15 in the UK, so you could probably get one for $20-25 in the USA.

EDIT ->http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-8Hole-Telecaster-Pickguard?sku=361325
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Nov 18, 2008,
You can get a Squier affinity strat in the white cream colour (like the Strat that Hendrix played). And then you can switch out the pickguard for a different one. A pickguard will cost you like 20 bucks I think. They should definitely be making a Squier in cream white. I have one for sakes.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer