Page 1 of 4
well i was on musicians friend look at reviews and i kept finding myself giggling at how people describe their playing style. like they would just mesh randon genres together. one was like" Shred, Ska, Blues, Jazz, Punk, Funk, Contemp. Worship"
so it got me thinking whats my playing style and i came up with Jazz, Funk and Jam

so people of the pit describe your playing style.
kaleidoscope of ever changing patterns.. for whitch no person or jamm buddies could ever play with
Progressive and odd.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Random, twitchy, accurate, fast.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
My main influences are Herman Ri, AwesomePossum, and whammy bar kid.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Quote by mrbagrat
My main influences are Herman Ri, AwesomePossum, and whammy bar kid.

So fast, and horrible?
But you have good gear?
As far as lead playing goes, melodic metal with blues influences.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top

That's the only style I play in.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
Nuclear anti-folkgrundge with a touch of semi-political alternative ambient rock.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
My playing style is a lot like fast food- so good, it gives you the sh!ts :P

But seriously, i play metal thats greatly influenced by Mastodon and Stevie Ray Vaughan...... when i think about it, that seems odd..... to me anyways.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Bebop with modern influences such as Rosenwinkel and Mehldau, but of course I'm butchering all of that...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My style in a combination of all the music I've always been into, (Sabbath, Delta blues, 70's punk). I have a very sloppy lead guitar technique and I can only improvise very simple solos, but I make up for it by being an excellent rhythm guitar player.
Last edited by Rhythm__Guitar at Nov 17, 2008,
Ever heard of Entwistle? He learned a thing or two from me... lets put it that way....
Mix Boston with Eric Clapton with Skillet with Hillsong United

and thats about right
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
.... Trivium and Smashing Pumpkins? wtf is that.... what kinda music would you even call that... ;\ my 2 fav bands are like 100% Conflict.

But really, most of my influence is Alt. Classic Rock ANY metal, and i mean any, black death speed thrash heavy etc. classical. gotta love classical. and probably Blues.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by hide_the_beer
Banana core?

Lol.

When I'm playing by myself, you might be able to call it "Miles Davis, when everyone thought he sold out in the late '60's". It is really random and doesn't fit in time signatures or a specific key. Its free.

When i'm jamming with friends, its usually the same old, regurgitated crap rock/alt/pop-punk. Fun, but not necessarily meaningful.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Last edited by sharkbait08 at Nov 17, 2008,
I throw in a bit of everything centered around progressive rock/metal.

I also love post-rock, but that's kind of hard to do all by yourself...
Quote by jmonko
Bananagypsycore?

Bananagypsyanimalthrashcore?
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

mine sounds like pure hot sex for your ears.

but in reality

mainstream stuff, like 3 Doors Down
heavily candlebox and Pearl jam influence

listen to early Zakk Wylde (i.e. Book Of Shadows), that is what I would like for my band(whenever I find one) to sound like, only with a little more of an edge.
Grunge with heavy noise, sludge, hardcore and post-punk influence.

So basically simple riffs and three-chord choruses with distortion turned as far to the right as possible. Plus vocals that mix screaming, growls and melody. Lyrics that are angry with everyone and everything. F*ck you spirit.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by schecter_guy
green day meets lamb of god meets van halen

green day meets lamb of god = dead green day LOL!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Old school thrash/Progressive... Classic rock... Melodic, beefy metal/rock...

Hell. Now that you mention it, I can't really put a label on my style in general. Guess it depends on what mood I'm in.

Nothing ending with "-core", though.

I like scorching leads over intricate, tightly played riffs. Time signature changes, syncopation, etc. Lead guitar harmonies make my dick hard, as well.
Last edited by charger356 at Nov 17, 2008,
Quote by shadow__666
Grunge with heavy noise, sludge, hardcore and post-punk influence.

So basically simple riffs and three-chord choruses with distortion turned as far to the right as possible. Plus vocals that mix screaming, growls and melody. Lyrics that are angry with everyone and everything. F*ck you spirit.

lol....
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Page 1 of 4