Page 1 of 2
Alright, post what type of band you joined, how old you were, and how long you been playing for

3 months playing, at 16 years old, a rock/classical rock band
I was fourteen, been playing four years, but was completely self taught from the internet and my analysis of music. Had a band for like two months, everything was awesome...

Then we decided to see other people.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I accompanied my dad's old local jazz band in cafes and such as a bassist (The band's bassist was my teacher) after playing for about 7 months at age 12. I've been playing for almost 4 years now.
15 years old, metal band, 6 months of playing. i learned to play really fast so it wasnt too bad. We ended up getting a few gigs, but i left the band. i dont remember why.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by Rock_Rebel
Currently I'm in my first band...

Nothing much, 13 & 14 year olds playing rock & punk XD

dont break up with your girlfriend and let your other guitarist date her. thats a mistake and 2 months later you'll be resorting to drugs and beer for comfort. @ months after that, after waking up in the gutter, you'll realize this was a bad idea. You're ex will confront you and tell you she's worried about your behavior. Do everything possible to take advantage of this moment.

Sorry. thsi definitley didnt happen to me and thats not my life story as of a few weeks ago.

Actually i'd like to say that to every single person in a band right now.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
i was 16. we broke up about 4 months later. ****ers never gave me my amp back from the practice room!
I was 14 and it was a ska project that died like 3 weeks in because we couldn't find any horn players/

I recently started playing with these kids this year but then I realized how much I hated playing punk (still enjoy listening, though )

In my freshman year I got quite a few offers to be in bands but I didn't really feel like my skills were high enough to join.

Now I'm trying to make a band, but drummers are ****ing impossible to find...
14 now. Started the band about 2 weeks ago. Got a 15 year old bassist and a 15 year old (female lol) drummer. I play lead guitar. We do anything that is easy to play so no real genre. I came up with the band name, "Death Pony". If we get sued im gunna change the name.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
still yet to form a band..... we have the band members, (well most of them, still need a bass player.) but only the rythym player actually has an electric guitar ( well 2 actually)
and the drummer sucks. so still a while to go....
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Me and a friend are in the process of putting together a band, and we're 21-22. We've both been playing guitar for 6 or 7 years; something like that. Outside of your typical "band" I played in a Big Band back in high school, and played some gigs at the old folks' home, community events. It was a lot of fun.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
In a band for about a month now. Been playing guitar for roughly a year. Me and my friend Chris own it but I do all the work

Glam Rock/Metal...may have been a mistake, the attire for the first gig was not exactly flattering.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Glam Rock/Metal...may have been a mistake, the attire for the first gig was not exactly flattering.

Oh god

Also I've never been in anything I consider a band. I've been with a few bands; my first "band" was a band called FOE( I hated the named like no other) that was supposed to be rock/punk :vomit we never got together or wrote anything Second was when I moved to Florida, it was called Voice Of Chaos( ) and it was about the same as the one beforehand but with more influences from stuff like Atreyu,A7x, and Silverstein ( What kind of fag was I back then ) that never got together and never wrote anything either The one I'm currently in is called Black Putrefaction (eh kind of name, I made it up to use it as a place holder while thinking of a better one) We have yet to find a bassist, our drummer only goes as extreme as Slayer,Megadeth, and Pantera and we play Black, Trash, and Death metal, we've at least wrote a few songs and practice a lot, but we haven't done any gigs or recorded anything

Also holy run on sentence batman
Quote by Putrefaction
Oh god

Well it wasn't as bad as it could have been, there was at least no spandex involved...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Alternative band. 3 or 4 years playing.
Currently still in the band.
Think I was about 17/18 and we were together for 3/4 months maybe, I can't remember.
TRANSFORMICE

3-4 months ago. Broke up after two practices. Formed another one after 2 days. Still in that one, currently looking for a basit. We play hard rock/metal/punk/other stuff.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
14, been playing two weeks (bassist) but i'd been playing guitar for bout two years, so i bashed out root notes:P: twas hard rock/ metal, but now im into more alternative & rock.
I was 12.

We were terrible though.
Our drummers kit consisited of a Kick, Snare and A High Hat (with the top half missing), our bassist was non-exsistant, the singer sounded like a dying shrew being force-fed battery acid, and at that time I was listening to way to much punk (New Found Glory, Sum 41, Bowling For Soup, Blink 182. There good bands, but every song I knew was basically just powerchords, with the exception of a few GNR songs.)

I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
the singer sounded like a dying shrew being force-fed battery acid

LOL

I'm 20, and still don't have a band.
it was about a year ago, and I had been playing for about a year. I joined with my longtime friend's band (which I originally thought would be pretty bad) and I acutally really liked it. Unfortuanately, all the other kids in the band quit right away, leaving just my friend, his little borther, and their dad playing drums. he (their dad) basically owned the band (which I hated), and only wanted an older, female singer (like 21 or older) to sing. It took months to find anyone, and while I didn't mind the music we were doing, I wanted to make it more bluesy. The lead guitarist wasn't all that great at soloing (Not meaning to brag, but I was better) and he never seemed like he even gave a **** about the thing. Eventually, I just quit because I was sick of their dad, I didn't want adults running the thing, and I felt overlooked.

and I'm pretty sure the lead guitarist bought the Kirk Hammet wah pedal, the damn thing was never off.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Nov 17, 2008,
15 ->4 months of playing

psychedelic rock/prog rock band
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I was 14, about 4 months of playing. The band broke up after about half a year because the other guitarist and drummer were dicks and thought a7x was the greatest band in the world.
For real.
I was 12 and im still in the same band. Its just me and a drummer and a new guitarist every other month. We have only played live infront of our parents and classmates, and we suck. The drummer likes bands like blink 182 and green day, and i like death,thrash,black metal.
when i was in grade nine it was just me and a drummer, i just played solo's and he would make some beats to it nothing too good.
Quote by Keyphur
haven't

Don't worry. In soviet russia, band joins you!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This is my first proper band, and i'm 16.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
11-12? I had only been playing for a year or two and were ****, attempting to play rock/metal. it wasn't a full band though we need a vocalist and a bassist.

Epic failure.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Played with church when I was in 7th grade (after about 6 months of lessons) and played in a "real band" my sophomore year of highschool.
17. Been playing a couple of years. Not much happened. Band just dissolved.
It's gonna be a blue day
Page 1 of 2