Well, the 8th was my birthday! Ok so, for the last maybe 4 months or so, I've been playing on a squire that I was renting from this awesome guitar shop in Santa Monica called Mccabes. Then, I decided that for my birthday I would get a new guitar. I wanted a Schecter Omen 6 but seeing that they didn't carry schecters, I decided on an Ibanez SA120. (what was I thinking?!) So, as I was in the process of ordering, the owner (or something like that) asks if I was interested in seeing the guitars they had on sale. So i went to the back of the store and he showed me that they had st. blues guitars for 50% off!!! At first, I was just blown away by the fact that a $1000 guitar was obtainable for $500. Then I noticed that I really liked the style of the bluesmaster IV. It looks like a Les Paul with a pickguard but plays just like a tele (i know, a guitar players dream ) I ended up buying it. I was just wondering what you UGers thought about this present.

http://www.saintblues.com/Bluesmaster-IV-p-3.html

Pics:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it is incredibly comfortable and light.
Last edited by rockaholic95 at Nov 17, 2008,
lol, blues isn't my style either. I like from classic rock to some metal, with maybe some alternative. Even so, this guitar pulls it off quite nicely. And I'm pretty sure it blows a MIM strat (saround the same price I got this for) out of the water.
Looks awesome dude, what kind of styles can you play with it (metal, rock, blues)was looking to something like that myself, and hows the neck?
looks sick as hell.
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by BamRazzled
Looks awesome dude, what kind of styles can you play with it (metal, rock, blues)was looking to something like that myself, and hows the neck?

Well, I forgot to mention in my post, it is INCREDIBLY comfortable! It is very light and just a pleasure to hold. The neck is perfect sized for me. It is a little slimmer than a fender but thicker than a jackson/ibanez. Through a good amp, it can play anything, especially with its humbucker at the bridge position.
now we now whatd happen if a telecaster had sex with a les paul
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
now we now whatd happen if a telecaster had sex with a les paul

lol yes and their offspring turns out to be a musical prodigy
I've seen a few of those and they look pretty cool, so congratulations

As a small note, what exactly do you mean with your "what was I thinking?" comment on the SA120; it might not be a top of the line instrument but it's a pretty nice guitar (not that I think you should have bought instead).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well, even though I'm sure the SA120 is perfectly o-k instrument, I am sooooooooo much happier I got this because this guitar is one I will be able to keep forever and even when (IF) I buy more expensive guitars, they will mostly be of similar quality but just different.