hey UG,
I noticed a little problem.. my strings don't really line up with the pickup pole pieces.. would this matter because its only really the bucker that the string significantly doesn't line up with
Attachments:
PB170100.JPG
meh, im not sure, a lot of guitars ive seen have this, but yours is more noticeable than others ive seen. you might as well not worry about it, because theres no real way to fix it that im aware of
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
actully.. I thinking it might be the bridge because the pivot screws are a little bent because I tried to fill the holes once since the thread was almost striped. could that be it?
Last edited by striker327 at Nov 17, 2008,
mm don't think that would work..
PS it kinda does look like the bridge is more towards one side than the other is that normal?
Is the humbucker F-shaped/trembucker version or regular spaced? If you use a regular spaced humbucker with a Floyd Rose or Fender bridge, the high e string is on the outside of the pole and not inside like yours.

Edit:
So maybe you needed a regular spaced humbucker? Just guessing here
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
^^ Picture above the pole pieces are lined up perfectly. Its just the guitar is on an angle so it appears they aren't. I don't know why yours is like that just by looking at your picture, if I were you I'd take it to a tech who isn't lazy and see what he says cause I'm sure some will say "naa its fine kid don't worry about it"
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
mm I think it was the screws.... also one other question.. does it matter if the screws go in really loosely? its not stripped or anything
Big deal. They don't on my bucker' guitar, it sounds great, it should be fine. I actually purposely unaligned the neck pickup after hearing the unaligned bridge pickup, gives it a slightly different sound, which I like.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 18, 2008,
It's hard to tell from your picture because it's not taken straight on with the humbucker pickup, but it appears at first glance that it's the humbucker pickup that is misaligned, not the strings.... Just a though....
Complete noob learning on an ebony Epiphone Les Paul Standard.