Hello, got my Boss SD-1 last week but didn't read the manual fully and left the jack in which drained the battery. Went in to replace it and noticed it has a Roland 9V battery and I'm worried if replacing it with a regular 9V battery is wrong.

Not sure if I have to get this same battery or if anything is fine, thanks.
pretty sure anything is fine =]

as long as its an 9V battery.
Last edited by tAkE iT aWay <3 at Nov 17, 2008,
Quote by Magnifique
Hello, got my Boss SD-1 last week but didn't read the manual fully and left the jack in which drained the battery. Went in to replace it and noticed it has a Roland 9V battery and I'm worried if replacing it with a regular 9V battery is wrong.

Not sure if I have to get this same battery or if anything is fine, thanks.

It's a battery, just like every other battery-operated device in history. You wouldn't worry about replacing an Energizer with a Duracell, would you?
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
It's a battery, just like every other battery-operated device in history. You wouldn't worry about replacing an Energizer with a Duracell, would you?

Yeah, any regular 9 volt is fine, but if you replace an Energizer with a Duracell, the Energizer bunny might just come kick your arse again and again and again and again......

If you keep your jacks in, just get an AC adapter. Solves all your battery problems.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
As has been said, any 9V battery will suffice; though not all are going to last the same amount of time, regardless of wether you leave the jack connected or not.

If you have a few pedals, it's worth looking into an adapter to power them, rather than shelling out for 9V batteries (which in my experience, are damned expensive!) on a regular basis. More reliable for gigs, too.