Howdy every one, ill try not make this too long. Basicly i have these two pedals, a Psk Distortion DS-1 (looks like a boss knock off) and a Ibanez Distortion DS7. And basicly, they sound like absolute s***. And i would really like do make them into something decent, because they are just sitting around doing nothing. Is there any possible way of modding the heck out of them to make them better? If there is a way, is it actually worth it? I would like to make one of them into something other than a distortion, possibly a chorus or something. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!
I have more photos of the inside of them if anyone wants to see it.

Yamaha Pacifica 012 W/Emg 81
ESP EC400
ESP H202
Squier Tele Standard
Strat Copy
Randall RG100SC
Boss MT2
Boss TU2
You could try making something simple like a signal booster, A footswitch to control an amp or a A/B switch.

I have a feeling effects like chorus, phaser etc. usually have a much more complex circuit than distortion overdrive etc.

if you have one of those Korg tuners I always thought it would be cool to make a tuner by putting one of them in a pedal casing and making the switch just bypass it when it's off. If you were feeling really adventureous you could hook up a white LED or something to run off the same battery as the tuner so you can see the dail better, and have it only come on when you use the tuner.
Yeah well ive looked into this a little now and realise that im pretty sure attempting to mod a pedal is way outa my abilities! haha. Now im stuck with 2 useless paper weights. Arghhh.
Yamaha Pacifica 012 W/Emg 81
ESP EC400
ESP H202
Squier Tele Standard
Strat Copy
Randall RG100SC
Boss MT2
Boss TU2