Hey.

I'm thinking about buying this Kustom Quad 100HD head. But, can anyone tell me if i can run it through a 8Ohm 2x12 cab?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
MOst likely. Just about any amp can run any impedance cab. You just run into problems if you run more than one 4 ohm cab. Most guitar amps aren't set up for 2 ohms. Just 4/8/16.

Check the user manual.

I personally would love to have 4 16 ohm cabinets and just use my one head... that would be awesome. I don't think that I could do it though.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
what if the head is 4 ohm and the 8 ohm cab?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
That's fine... just as long as the head isn't 8 ohm and the cab isn't 4 ohm... then you could damage your amp.

Lower ohms = more load and more watts from your amp.

2 x 16 = 8 ohms

2 x 8 = 4 ohms

So if you were to run a 4 ohm cab on an amp that's set up only to take 8 ohm cabs you could damage the amp. But if you ran a 16 ohm cab it most likely wouldn't hurt the amp. You just lose wattage when you get higher ohms.

Ever read about power amps for pro audio systems? They increase in wattage the more load you put on them.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Assorted Pedals and swag
Last edited by The_rylan at Nov 17, 2008,
Look up the manual online. I don't know about traynor amps I just know some basic electronics.

That's the best advice I can give you.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Assorted Pedals and swag
Sounds good. Will it shape the sound significantly or will i just lose power?
Out of curiosity I looked up the manual on that amp and it says you can run a MINIMUM load of 4ohms. So you can run one any thing higher than 4 ohms, but no more than one 4ohm, two 8ohm, or four 16ohm cabs. If you run an 8ohm cab on it you just won't get the full power but I'm guessing you won't be using all 100 watts anyway.