Hey gang, I'm in the market for a cabinet for a 6505+ head. I've tried playing it through my Mesa cab but it breaks up really funny. Too much emphasis on the highs and mids. I'm a rhythm player so I'm looking for something that would emphasize the mids and lows, let the lead take the highs. I've been playing through an unnamed Peavey cab that my singer has but I'm looking to trade my Mesa for something that will give me what I'm looking for. I haven't heard many good things about the 6505 cab and have been told to look into a Marshall 1963B. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had experience with this head and could recommend a good cab to go with it. Price isn't really an object, and I'm looking for something that can handle more than what the head is rated for (I know its really stupid but our drummer plays really loud) and still break up in a warm way, almost like Chuck Schnider had on the "Individual Thought Patterns" album, but without the chorus. Also if anyone has recommendations as to mods for the 6505+ that may reduce hiss would get them a beer. Cheers gang!!
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
6505's typically sound great through Mesa cabs. It's important that you alter your amps eq to suit the cab. I know I had to set the dials on my eq to spots where I would have never thought the needed to be because V30's have such a big affect on your tone and influence your amps eq settings enormously.

If you still would like to look elsewhere, look into a Randall XL cab or a Marshall 1960V. Vader cabs will also bring the crushing low end you want.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
As posted above, an ISP Decimator is a must have with a Peavey high gain amp, when you get one you'll see why RIGHT AWAY. Also, the tubes play a major role in taming the 6505. After I did a tube swap on mine it shushed the amp down a whole lot, much nicer tones. My gain is useable up to 8 without getting totally out of control. I have Black Sable 6L6GC's installed in the power section and Tung-sol's in the pre section, much better than the stock tubes. Get a Vader cab too, that's a KILLER cab for the 6505's. Major chest thumping lows with that cab. It's exactly what you're looking for. Trust me on this.
Quote by opticon
Chuck Schnider had on the "Individual Thought Patterns" album,

The man's name is Chuck Schuldiner.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Van Noord
6505's typically sound great through Mesa cabs. It's important that you alter your amps eq to suit the cab. I know I had to set the dials on my eq to spots where I would have never thought the needed to be because V30's have such a big affect on your tone and influence your amps eq settings enormously.

If you still would like to look elsewhere, look into a Randall XL cab or a Marshall 1960V. Vader cabs will also bring the crushing low end you want.

i agree with van noord....

that is a great pairing (amp and head)...i wouldnt give up on it yet..i would tweak your settings some more.