Ok, so i've seen this guitar in the shop quite a few times and always admired it. Also I have been saving for a Gibson for quite a few years. Finally I decided to play this one, it is a Gibson Les Paul Custom made in 1979 with sunburst finish, it is in fairly good condition except the expected scratches and a fair sized chip in the varnish at the back. It is all original hardware and sounds REALLY nice. Unfortunatly it is a large amount of money (US$3,000). Baisically I'd like all you guys to give me reasons why and why not to buy it.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
If it plays good. The neck isn't warped and it's not going to need a refret in the near future.

Look at Dan Erlewine's article about buying a vintage instrument on what to look for. Look for cracks around the neck joint. Check the twist of the neck. Look for anything on the head that might be problematic. Lifted binding. Bad saddles, look inside at the wiring and make sure you've got the original pickups. That's the best way for the guitar to increase in value. If it's all original. Some of these points could also lead to you saving some money if it's not 100%.

Get it, should only increase in value.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
Last edited by The_rylan at Nov 17, 2008,
thanks, that was really helpfull
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Depending on the condition, I'd say yes.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.