http://allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=CFEE0430-B3FA-4649-A5D9-1B69C6970EDB&p=117406

I know a lot of the other low-end BC Rich guitars (like the Warlocks) are crap, but I wondered if this one was any different. Plus I love the Mockingbird shape.

Use:
I have a Schecter Tempest Extreme with a DiMarzio HFH/Super Distortion set of pickups that I use for softer stuff, so this guitar is gonna be mostly for punk and metal. My budget is around $500AUD.
Alternatively, I could use my Schecter for heavier grunge/noise punk stuff and buy my mate's Epiphone Firebird for $550, and use that for softer stuff.

Which one is a better deal?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
You're going from Schecter to BC Rich? That's like going from a Mustang to a Geo Metro.
You're*
i played one of those at the pawn shop for $199 i played it and was fairly impressed
unfortunatly i dont have money to throw around right now(if only i knew it was worth quiet a bit more than 199)
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
That Epiphone would be a much better guitar.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Eh don't go for the BC, get a Jackson!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Survivalism
You're going from Schecter to BC Rich? That's like going from a Mustang to a Geo Metro.

I'm keeping the Schecter. I just need a backup in case it goes ar$eways that won't cost me too much. I love both the Firebird and the Mockingbird shape and I've tried them both, but I couldn't really seperate them. So I came here to gauge your opinions on which is better put together and will last longer and is better for my stuff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It has an agathis body, which isn't a particularly good tonewood. (but I don't believe it makes the biggest difference)

I wouldn't go for it though, it's still a low end BC Rich (thank the economy)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
DO NOT WANT. Get a masterpiece mockingbird instead. Its $100 cheaper and much nicer.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
The wood really is a big influence in the sound =.= And don't get BC rich. They all suck... Better off getting a fat squier with a new humbucker lol
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
The wood really is a big influence in the sound =.= And don't get BC rich. They all suck... Better off getting a fat squier with a new humbucker lol

No, not really.
OK, i've seen enough. Firebird it is.
Quote by Cathbard
bc rich are a hit and miss, you gotta play one to know really.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120