Hey, I'm a bassist and have been playing since christmas last year, and was looking at starting guitar as a hobby, but continuing to play bass seriously, i have about, 600 AUD to spend, my friend has offered to sell me his last guitar second hand
He wants $200 for the guitar, it's like new and is a Monterey MMG-3BK, It has two Humbucker Pickups and Chrome Hardware, Firstly do you think this is worth it, i have played the guitar alot before, and i like the feel it has,
http://www.flindersviewmusic.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=16281, thats the link for the guitar, this leaves me with about $400 for an amp i was looking at 100 watts, and whilst i was at the guitar shop the other day, buying a new lead i asked the guy about a guitar amp. he showed me an ashton that ran on 2 channels, and hs alot of distortion built in, it was going for about $500, do you guys think this would be worth it or is another amp exceptable
i mainly play anything From slipknot to greenday, all the way to I Killed The Prom Queen
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
I wouldn't buy it. Get a Yamaha Pacifica or something around those lines if it's in your price range. Maybe look used. And for the amp, do you really need 100 watts? I don't think so. You probably could get a Peavey Vypyr or something like that. That would be a nice starter's rig.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by RoamingConflict
I wouldn't buy it. Get a Yamaha Pacifica or something around those lines if it's in your price range. Maybe look used. And for the amp, do you really need 100 watts? I don't think so. You probably could get a Peavey Vypyr or something like that. That would be a nice starter's rig.

Agreed. Unless you're gigging, you really don't need 100 watts, and you're just starting. Even if you do expect to gig, if you get a good small amp, you could always upgrade later if needed, or mic it.
i'd usually reccomend a sqier strat to a beginner but it sounds like you kinda know what youre doing lol.

so agreed with roaming conflict id go for a yamaha pacifica, or base range ibanez (grg170dx or something in the gio range)

as for a hundred watt amp, if its neccessary go buy it, but i have a 15 watt amp and that does me.
One very happy Pacifica user here. Very very good guitar!
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by Dempsey68
i'd usually reccomend a sqier strat to a beginner but it sounds like you kinda know what youre doing lol.

so agreed with roaming conflict id go for a yamaha pacifica, or base range ibanez (grg170dx or something in the gio range)

as for a hundred watt amp, if its neccessary go buy it, but i have a 15 watt amp and that does me.

I wouldn't recommend a squier for my worst enemy. I hate those guitars!
I was looking at the specs of this guitar

Warlock style guitar with 2 humbucker pickups, Rosewood fingerboard, Hard Maple neck, 1 Vol + 1 Tone + 3 way selector switch, deluxe fulcrum tremelo, chromed diecast machineheads, chromed hardware, Alder body. Colour: Black.[\code]

the pickups probably blow. if you want something good then look for something with some seymour duncans and they'll scream. i honestly wouldn't look at this guitar to buy. see if hell let you use it to borrow so you could learn.
Get up and free yourself from yourself.
- TOOL -

GEAR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (silverburst)
Ibanez SZ720FM
Alvarez AD60CK
Crate FW65 Combo
Dunlop GCB95 CryBaby Wah
BOSS TU-2
BOSS DD-7
BOSS NS-2