I do.

Inb4 smartasses saying 'tommy' and 'repo'.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Because you posted this in the Pit, you will suffer BIG TIME.
Personally, I'm impartial, though generally it's quite long winded. But very talented singers.
meh
Can't say i do. Watched a couple of operas on television, but nothing's tickled my fancy.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by ZackyJW83
Because you posted this in the Pit, you will suffer BIG TIME.
Personally, I'm impartial, though generally it's quite long winded. But very talented singers.

Why?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Why?

Because noone understands what real music is.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I respect it because of the skill and training involved, but I can't say that I enjoy it too much.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
I understand not liking opera, it is mostly in a language you don't understand and the singing can be hard to put with at times. I love opera though, now that I've been forced to listen to it in my theory class.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Depends what it is of course.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Meh most of it is $hit but theres about 6 songs from an essential opera CD that I like, one of which being ride of the Valkyries lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
my extent of opera is from bugs bunny, "kill da wabbit"!!!
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
I like opera. Haven't heard enough, but I love La Traviata. And Le Nozze De Figaro (makes me sound like I know more if I put it in the right langauge!) and Die Zauberflöte. Also like teh Barber of Seville. As with someone above, Bugs Bunny may have been the first reason for knowing it! The Barber of Seville episode. Can't say that of todays kids' shows!
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
i haven't listened to much opera other than Wagner, any rec's for dark opera pieces similar to his style?
I've heard O Fortuna, listening to that makes anything look epic (sorry for using that word, it's just appropriate)
I love opera... there's a pretty good chance I'll study it as a voice major in college next year.

As far as opera composers, I like:
Verdi,
Puccini,
Mozart

What singers do you all like best? I'm a huge Pavarotti fan.
The medium is the message!
Quote by sixstringsteve
I respect it because of the skill and training involved, but I can't say that I enjoy it too much.

This. It is definately incredible for those artists to pull it off but honestly dont care for it. I like classical music but the voice in oprea just puts me off for some reason. I remember the piece in 'Shawshank Redemption' was amazing. Most popular opera just doesn't tickle my fancy.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by Punkismygod
Verdis la donna e mobile is marvelous!

That song is so catchy, I love it. The rest of Rigoletto is great too.

As far as singers go, Pavorotti FTW
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Nov 30, 2008,