Pit Monkeys,

I am doing a class project and I need some ideas for songs. What are some Rock songs from the 1990's and 2000's that talk about events happening in the US/World? These do need to be appropriate for 7th-8th graders. Thanks.
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
It would be for the 80's. (1989) I need the 90's and 2000's. Thanks though.
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
System of a down, tool, Megadeth you can find the songs though.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
emmm, ever heard of a band called Rage Against the Machine? some of their stuff is definitely not appropriate for 7th-th graders, but they have some PG-13 songs out there (Bulls on Parade comes to mind)
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
"Wide Awake" by Audioslave, it's clean and whines about Hurricane Katrina a lot. Google the lyrics.

EDIT: "Dear Mr. President" by Pink. I feel terrible for bringing it up, but my mom showed it to me once. I hate Pink, but she whines about W. Bush a lot in this one, again google the lyrics. I'm pretty much gonna edit this whenever I think of another.
Last edited by KwikKopy at Nov 17, 2008,
I'd say "Holy Wars" by Megadeth sums up our world situation quite perfectly. Either that or "Symphony of Destruction" or "United Abominations"

You really can't go wrong with Megadeth for cynical social commentary
Quote by KwikKopy
"Wide Awake" by Audioslave, it's clean and whines about Hurricane Katrina a lot. Google the lyrics.

EDIT: "Dear Mr. President" by Pink. I feel terrible for bringing it up, but my mom showed it to me once. I hate Pink, but she whines about W. Bush a lot in this one, again google the lyrics. I'm pretty much gonna edit this whenever I think of another.

Jesus, I'd rather introduce my kid to heroin than Pink