i got a problem, i been using a yamaha dtxplorer kit at college alot and recording but whenever i record without connecting to a PA and using a cable to line out into the br600 it makes it really fussy and bassy

how can i do it without a PA because im getting electric kit soon and dont have a PA and i am only getting the kit to record
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
I'm assuming the PA fixed the sound by gating and equalising. You can do exactly the same when you're recording- what software do you use?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
IIRC the BR600 only has two TSR 1/4" inputs. You need to run two TRS cables from the main out of the module to the inputs of the MTR.

Tip #1 - Read the manual

If you can, set the inputs to "line" instead of "mic" as the levels are much different between teh two.
Turn the audio output up to about 75% on the module and adjust the preamps and levels to the proper levels on the MTR.

When I used a Fostex MR8 MKII I found it didn't like my E-Drums. I used to get glitching and such every now and then for whatever reason...

The BR600 is a full recorder in a box. You should only need a few adapter cables and headphones to record. A PA is for live use only, it isnt for recording.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 18, 2008,
ill have a play about with it cause i know you dont need to use a PA it was only way to get clear sound. i knew it could be done without so ill have a look prob tomorrow when i got time.

if anyone got anymore tips then please post
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass