ive got it.
can i fix it without ****ing up my xbox? or if i send of to microsft, how much will it cost, bear in mind mine is pre-owned, so its agood few years old.
anybody have any idea what i should do
google was full of people trying to sell me answers
Pre-owned, you say?

Warranty is non-transferable. You'll have to take it to a third party place to be fixed.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
i was told by a guy at work...

im not sur eon the details but he said hes fixed it 3 times, by taking everything out like unconnecting everything waiting a few hours and reconnecting

not sure though, he mighta bin BSing also i dont have an x box so i duinnnnno
my friend said he fixed his and then he bought one off ebay and fixed that.

personally i think he's bullshitting. you could give it to me to give to him if you want but i doubt you'll see your money or your xbox again.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
My friend Matt got the RRoD, and he just turned off his xbox, left it for a couple of hours, then turned it back on and it was fine.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
you already tried yelling at it ? spitting on it ? hitting it ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

call MS, don't mention the pre-owned thing. They'll probably fix it, as long as the guy that had it b4 didn't register it
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
my old xbox did that, and wouldnt open to let me take my dvd out i had in there, i finally got it open and i karate chopped that **** and sent the disc tray flying AWW YEAAAAAA, it is were up to me, id do that, and i say just buy a new one they are cheap enough nowadays
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
yeah i tried its bin a day since it happened and its still like that.
and slipknotrule, there IS NO WAY IN HELL ur gettin it.
your post did not convince ye trustworthy, especially the you wont get ur xbox back again bit
Apparently, 3 lights is that it's over-heated. Leave it for a while. :/
Going through websites and videos that boast about it fixing it would be a waste of time IMO.

I was with a friend and we were watching a video where a guy put the XBox in a black bin bag, left it turned on for 25 minutes. Then put it in the fridge for 20 minutes. It fixed it for a few weeks.
Quote by noxiosimitator
you already tried yelling at it ? spitting on it ? hitting it ?

+1111 , i resulted in karate chops as my previous post says hahaha
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Rap it in a few towels, put it in your Airan cupboard for a few hours and it should be okay.

By Airan cupboard, i have no clue how to spell it. IT's the little cupboard thing with ya boiler in it =] Usually in a bedroom?
Sweet.
Quote by Dimebagjeff
my old xbox did that, and wouldnt open to let me take my dvd out i had in there, i finally got it open and i karate chopped that **** and sent the disc tray flying AWW YEAAAAAA, it is were up to me, id do that, and i say just buy a new one they are cheap enough nowadays

it could just be overheating so turn it off for a few hours or all four red lights on means that the console cant detect its AV cable.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
This happened to me last year at Christmas. I got my 360 Elite and got red ring a day later. **** happens i guess.
Sail upon the open skies
I just did mine dude.

Ring up xbox and literally just say that you have the warranty and they don't question, mine was over one year old. I just rang up UPS to pick it up.

Don't be scared to do it, it's really easy, and you get it back in a couple of weeks
^^ they made me wait 9 weeks, but i think that was only because it was right after Christmas
Sail upon the open skies
It costs $90 to repair, $200 for a new one.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by angusfan16
^^ they made me wait 9 weeks, but i think that was only because it was right after Christmas

Dayum. Bad time, proabably. My mate got it back within the week, and another had it guaranteed within 3 weeks, he rang them up after 22 days and they gave him a free controller, so I've only reaaally heard good things.
This happened to me, and when I rang up, they said that if you get the 3 red lights you get 3 years extra warranty, so I was able to send it in, and I got a months free xbox live gold too. It probably just depends if the guy before you got the 3 red lights too
My roommate's just red ringed... he called, and they are fixing it for him... dunno how long that'll take. but here... he looked at this, different lights on the ring diagnose different issues... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_ring_of_death

so if its just 3 of the 4 segments, basically you need to have it repaired. That's what happened to my roommates...
On a scale of one to awesome...
I'm the sh!t.

Quote by mr.cheese..
GYMCLASSHERO!!!!! THANK YOU FOR LIBERATING MY TESTACLES AND PENIS!!! (at least on the weekends)!!!
I delivered my xbox for service on a thursday (DHL car came and picked it up.) I got it back next tuesday. But this was in europe. Another option is that you call xbox support. They send you a box which you put your xbox in (without hdd and power support) and send it back.

My box never arrived, that's why dhl came and picked up the machine. It was sent from Norway to the Czech Republic. which took 4 working days.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?