Hi all.
Recently I have been getting into home recording. I have Sonar LE and an Edirol UA 25. The guitar cable are 1/4" to 1/4" and havn't been looked after the best. I have had them for quite a while and only recently I have realised the importance of looking after them properly.
I have noticed that when I record a guitar track with a clean sound, it is quite crackly and makes sort of 'popping' sounds.
Would this be the cables?? If so I'm assuming I should invest in some new ones.
1/4" to 1/4" OR 1/4" to XLR?? any difference?
Also, is there any significant increase in the sound quality if I bought a more expensive cable?

Thanks,
Jon
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

You might be clipping the recording levels, try recording your guitar quieter through the interface.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Fair point, but that's not the problem.
I record as loud as possible before the 'indicator' goes red.
If you get what I mean?
Thanks anyway

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

"You might be clipping the recording levels, try recording your guitar quieter through the interface."

This is true. Also, this will sound dumb, but make sure you are wearing shoes.
As for cables, the better cables will give a better tone. I also like to record with an ebony fretboard, but that is just me. So anyway you will need some new cables, but I will get back to this later.

There are a few dumb things. Do not coil your cables. Keep your audio and power cables separate, and if cables cross keep them perpendicular. If you can, plug your recorder into a different outlet than your other stuff.

Elixer just released new cable that are great for recording. I would try them. They are more expensive but the midrange will sound right without any static (supposedly, planet waves or Monster will work, too). To record you need to have shielded cables (or at least they have less static) that are low impedance. This is actually more important than most people realize to get good tone. This is especially important (I think) for playing in heavy distortion or clean. Others might disagree, but cables are still important.
Thanks
Also, I heard somewhere that an XLR input will record with better quality than a standard 14" jack input. True??

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals