So I've been playing for roughly 11 months now and I feel like I'm hitting a bit of a rut in terms of solos. I'm into mostly Blues/Rock. What are some techniques out there that I should be trying to incorporate into solos?

Something I've also been trying to improve on is working solos up the neck(towards the nut) Say for example I start a solo on the A on the low E string. I know 2 ways to get to higher octaves but getting to lower sounds than that A on the Low E have been giving me trouble.

Really I am looking for any tips/suggestions on how to broaden my soloing thanks
Practice. scales and technique. Read the techniques sticky, tons of great tips for you there!
Hey, I guess I'm retarded cuz I can't find this techniques sticky. Can you link me to it or at least tell me where it is on the site thanks
combine scales and pratice modes
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
I learned from watching vids of people soloing (and yes, I see the euphemism :P) once you have a basic understanding of scales it shouldn't be too hard to see what they're doing.
I've tried watching vids of people soloing. Tried to watch a Jimi dvd and my head exploded trying to figure out what was going on