Page 1 of 3
I think I am going through a little quarter life crisis. Going out to bars and what not is much fun anymore. Dating is a lot more difficult. Sucks watching everyone getting married or making plans for the future while I am still single. Having to look for a wedding ring on girls I find attractive makes me feel old. I am realizing I hate the corporate world and maybe a degree in finance may have not been the best thing for me. Getting grilled with questions for wearing an As I Lay Dying hoodie sucks. I guess I miss the appreciation for the smaller things in life as well as the higher propensity and acceptance of self expression in all forms of youth. I am starting to envy teenagers which is odd considering when I was 15 I could not wait to get older. I feel worse now than I did at 15.
you're 36 right ? sucks ..

EDIT: 26 at least you're good at counting . didn't that mad eyou feel a bit better ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Last edited by noxiosimitator at Nov 17, 2008,
what kinda schooling did you do... billion things to do out there btw
edit ^ fail
can't you do finance from a computer at home or while you travel
Treasure every great moment you have, life's all a downhill mountain in a lot of aspects. We never get that moment back where we could play with sand in the sun for hours and don't care about the outside world.
Why not make a change, go somewhere new? Do something exciting and different? Buy a book of Clichés?
Quote by flightX
what kinda schooling did you do... billion things to do out there btw
edit ^ fail
can't you do finance from a computer at home or while you travel
I got my degree in finance. Looking back I should have been a high school teacher. I relate to teenagers more than I do adults.
I'll enjoy the rest of my youth with extra enjoyness now.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Welcome to life. Growing up's a f*cking bitch.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by aaciseric
Why not make a change, go somewhere new? Do something exciting and different? Buy a book of Clichés?
I thought about it. but not knowing anyone is scary. Actually I have a buddy who is kind of like me also. 27 and single. Matter of fact we went to an Underoath concert last week so he shares my appreciation of youthful angst. He was talking about moving out of state when he is done with school because living in the silicon valley sucks. I am contemplating rolling with him.
Yeah then I'm having an eighth life crisis. You think your life is bad? Well its nothing compared to the bull I've gone through and have to put up with day after day.
There is no answer to your problem. Life is the decline. The steady worsening of your position as your body weakens, mind sickens and demand for your lackluster skills increases. At 15 you woke up from the dream of childhood and realized just how horrible existence really is, but being a starry eyed teenager, hoped that there might just be a better tomorrow.
How wrong you were.
Get a ****ty job. Get a baby machine. Get a mini van. Get a lawnmower. Kill yourself.
Quote by Slow_N_Low
I thought about it. but not knowing anyone is scary. Actually I have a buddy who is kind of like me also. 27 and single. Matter of fact we went to an Underoath concert last week so he shares my appreciation of youthful angst. He was talking about moving out of state when he is done with school because living in the silicon valley sucks. I am contemplating rolling with him.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xMPXJKxTnWE - here is an appropriate song then.
dude...I feel bad for you
Well I don't know how u feel cause I'm 15 and I've got a serious girlfriend...shes the best I could ever find,had plenty before as well so...I'm doing fine in a good school...I play guitar in a successful band...what else could I wish? my parents care for me soo...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Against Him?
There is no answer to your problem. Life is the decline. The steady worsening of your position as your body weakens, mind sickens and demand for your lackluster skills increases. At 15 you woke up from the dream of childhood and realized just how horrible existence really is, but being a starry eyed teenager, hoped that there might just be a better tomorrow.
How wrong you were.
Get a ****ty job. Get a baby machine. Get a mini van. Get a lawnmower. Kill yourself.
Yeah this pretty much sums it up. At 15 there is still so many things in front of you that it is a lot easier to hold onto hope. As for your last sentence, I want that. Jsut can't find someone to do it with.
Being 26 sucks bro, I'm 25 and going through the same thing.

The wedding ring thing, **** dude dont pick up chicks at the bar. Your better off nailing a chick at the club. I think getting married before 30 is a joke, so don't worry about that **** quite yet.

The bar... I gave that up. All the girls are *****s, drinks are over-priced and I got tired of getting in fights for hustling the tables. You grow out of that ****, theres nothing wrong with that. Not to mention DUI's are expensive.

Honestly I'm all about the music now. In my eyes thats my return to wonder in life. I never went to college and I still got a great job at Genentech of all places, so the transition to the real world for me was getting kick out of my parents house at 17 and having to slang to get by. That ****s rough.

A part of you dies as you age if you let it. Stop feeling hopeless and start feeling hope. Life's a pussy; **** it any time you get the chance.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Last edited by gizmodious at Nov 17, 2008,
Quote by gizmodious
Being 26 sucks bro, I'm 25 and going through the same thing.

The wedding ring thing, **** dude dont pick up chicks at the bar. Your better off nailing a chick at the club. I think getting married before 30 is a joke, so don't worry about that **** quite yet.

The bar... I gave that up. All the girls are *****s, drinks are over-priced and I got tired of getting in fights for hustling the tables. You grow out of that ****, theres nothing wrong with that. Not to mention DUI's are expensive.

Honestly I'm all about the music now. In my eyes thats my return to wonder in life. I never went to college and I still got a great job at Genentech of all places, so the transition to the real world for me was getting kick out of my parents house at 17 and having to slang to get by. That ****s rough.

A part of you dies as you age if you let it. Stop feeling hopeless and start feeling hope. Life's pussy; **** it any time you get the chance.
You work at Genentech? Do you by some chance live in Vacaville?
Quote by steee21
I'm at University now and thinking about the real world makes me shit myself...

+1

The trick is to just get hammered. Very hammered.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Against Him?
How wrong you were.

Your life must suck. F#ck a sh!tty job, get paid for what you love.

Damn the baby machine, find your heart.

Why get a minivan when you can drive a sports car?

Who needs a lawnmower? Pay someone to do it and spend the extra time on guitar practice.

And finally... kill yourself, but get famous first, so people will actually miss you.

Life sucks, why be depressed? Accept that the worlds **** and move on. Why sour your own existence?

Quote by Slow_N_Low
You work at Genentech? Do you by some chance live in Vacaville?

In the bay area, yes. But not vacaville, that place is too ****ing hot for me. I stay closer to the water

Quote by gizmodious
In the bay area, yes. But not vacaville, that place is too ****ing hot for me. I stay closer to the water
I'm in Milpitas right now. I grew up in Fairfield. And yeah that area can get stupid hot. Even when I lived in Vallejo it could get pretty damn warm.
Quote by Slow_N_Low
I'm in Milpitas right now. I grew up in Fairfield. And yeah that area can get stupid hot. Even when I lived in Vallejo it could get pretty damn warm.

That funny, I stay in Vallejo. Bay life's rough bro, but theres a lot of oppertunity here. Keep your head up.

Besides, there girls EVERYWHERE lol

Well look on the bright side...at least you didn't turn out to be a starving musician like I will in 4 years.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by gizmodious
Life's a pussy; **** it any time you get the chance.

True wisdom.

And start appreciating the small things in life again TS.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by gizmodious
That funny, I stay in Vallejo. Bay life's rough bro, but theres a lot of oppertunity here. Keep your head up.

Besides, there girls EVERYWHERE lol
Hahaha. I learned the term Man Jose after going to San Jose State for about a year. There is a bar in Dowtown San Jose called Mission Ale House. It is affectionately known as Mission Male House. And not becasue it is a gay bar. But I feel ya on settling down.

As for Vallejo. Its become a lot nicer since I left back in 92. I used to live in the neighborhood across from Country Club Crest. There was nothing Country Club about it. I drove through there a couple of months ago during the middle of the day and I felt a litte nervous. When I lived there my mom would not even let me go to the park in the neighborhood because the thugs would shoot hoops there.
Jesus, just reading this thread just sours my own situation... Im an 18 year old college student who is already struggling with anxiety/depression and looking for help in any way i can without resorting to prescription medication for it.

Basically the only advice i can give you is to just roll with it, and things will eventually find their way. I actually live by the phrase "everything happens for a reason" because of certain events that have taken place in my life over the past 4 months or so. Good luck.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Quote by STERIOGRAM134
Jesus, just reading this thread just sours my own situation... Im an 18 year old college student who is already struggling with anxiety/depression and looking for help in any way i can without resorting to prescription medication for it.

Basically the only advice i can give you is to just roll with it, and things will eventually find their way. I actually live by the phrase "everything happens for a reason" because of certain events that have taken place in my life over the past 4 months or so. Good luck.
I hope so. I am actually a practicing Jew so I pray and hope for the best. So what gets you about college? I have been there done that so maybe I could hook you up with some advice.
Well. I graduated in September so I'm still "transitioning" I suppose. It's not bad, you just have to feel sorry for yourself as little as possible.

Also:

1) Being single is better than being stuck with an ultra-bitch.

2) Since you mentioned As I Lay Dying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYKyCsVRXKk

3) The, umm, "corporate world", is what makes our convenient lifestyles possible, so if you hate that, move to the woods and live off nature or something.

4) few teenagers nowadays are not stupid, so why envy them?
Quote by STERIOGRAM134

Gotta do some exercise. I started walking and running a couple of days ago. My mood has changed a lot better (of course I'm not prancing around like a worry-free idiot, I like to take my time and just think), I get hungry more often, and my acne is kinda clearing up.

But I still have my worries.
Well from day one at school i have absolutely hated it here... Ive struggled with anxiety before but never as bad as this... Then some other serious stuff happened to me while here at college and that only heightened my anxiety which eventually led to depression. Its an absolutely terrible feeling, but im trying to deal with it as best as I can without having to resort to prescription medication. So as of right now im just trying to ride out the semester and get the hell out of here and hopefully things will start to look up.

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Quote by STERIOGRAM134
Well from day one at school i have absolutely hated it here... Ive struggled with anxiety before but never as bad as this... Then some other serious stuff happened to me while here at college and that only heightened my anxiety which eventually led to depression. Its an absolutely terrible feeling, but im trying to deal with it as best as I can without having to resort to prescription medication. So as of right now im just trying to ride out the semester and get the hell out of here and hopefully things will start to look up.
Well keep in mind the joy of school is that every year is an opportunity for change. You will be in class with new people every three or four months. Every year you will live in a new place which is an opportunity to meet knew people all the time. If you are not doing hot scholastically you can always change your major. And everyone is around your age and lookign to do essentially the same thing. Have fun and hopefully get C's. because C's get degrees. You are still young and have a lot of opportunities to do many things. Join a club. Since you are obviously into music try to join the college radio station. I started playing guitar about 4 years ago. Kind of hard to get into a metal or punk band at this age. At your age you have plenty of time to enjoy yourself.

My mistake was going to a commuter school. If you have not heard of that it means everyone either lives at home or goes home on the weekend. It was a pretty anti-social setting and it made it more difficult to create strong bonds. So instead of creating a large group of close friends I clung to a girl. We both pretty much did that for the same reason. I was cool with it for awhile, but it made her really depressed. And when we broke after school I got really depressed because I did not have the necessary support base. So I owuld say take a long hard look at what you enjoy and try to involve others. In college chances are there are many people who will share your interests.
Yeah... My school is a commuter school as well and it sucks. I have 3 Good friends who i have made here and everyone else here is just downright nasty... So I am getting out of here next semester for my own well being and going to a community College (I know its not the most appetizing thought but i need it). Im actually excited to start community college because 3 of my best friends for my entire life go there and i will be able to get help from my family. Especially my father because he has struggled with some of the same problems as I am now. Im looking to get involved in the Tennis team at Community college as well, which was another downfall of this school. It doesnt have a mens team and I went from being a 4 year starter in high school and placing 5th in my county to not playing at all. Sooo im just looking to the future now and im trying to forget some of the god awful experiences i have had here ya know? Thanks A lot though dude, hope your situation begins to look up which im sure it will.

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Quote by STERIOGRAM134
Yeah... My school is a commuter school as well and it sucks. I have 3 Good friends who i have made here and everyone else here is just downright nasty... So I am getting out of here next semester for my own well being and going to a community College (I know its not the most appetizing thought but i need it). Im actually excited to start community college because 3 of my best friends for my entire life go there and i will be able to get help from my family. Especially my father because he has struggled with some of the same problems as I am now. Im looking to get involved in the Tennis team at Community college as well, which was another downfall of this school. It doesnt have a mens team and I went from being a 4 year starter in high school and placing 5th in my county to not playing at all. Sooo im just looking to the future now and im trying to forget some of the god awful experiences i have had here ya know? Thanks A lot though dude, hope your situation begins to look up which im sure it will.

Do you think you have social anxiety? Also, you'll be saving a lot of money by transfering to a community college. Good luck.
No prob man. And yeah... If I have kids when it comes time to look at schools I am definitely going to have them ask about the social scene of the school. Because going to a commuter college is terrible. I set myself up for loss with my choice of school.

And there is nothing wrong with going to a JC. In the end if you transfer to a 4 year all that matters is you have a bachelors. Hell there is a JC here that Stanford takes people from.
Quote by Against Him?
How wrong you were.

I think I just realized why people do hard drugs.

Most depressing thread of the year.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Quote by Graveworm
If god wanted you to wait til marriage why did he give you sexual urges at a teen age?

To test your faith, stupid. Just like dinosaur fossils and the sun!
Page 1 of 3