So i just saw a "new" episode of the simpsons from the current season.....And i noticed that it was crap!!There was no storyline and it was unfunny!
Personally i think they shud stop making new episodes cos they jus get worse and worse!
Jus want to know wat ur views on the "new" simpsons are?
Quote by gerardk
So i just saw a "new" episode of the simpsons from the current season.....And i noticed that it was crap!!There was no storyline and it was unfunny!
Personally i think they should stop making new episodes cos they just get worse and worse!
Jus want to know wat your views on the "new" simpsons are?

fixed

I don't watch them, but for some reason, i'd be really upset if they stopped making them. It would be like killing part of my childhood.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Pretty crap yeah, although some of the epsidoes from two or three season ago are still really funny, it peaked a while ago though.

Family Guy is really going downhill, I mean the events have always been loosely based on the plot but in one episode Peter broke into 'the bird is the word' (a song) about 20 times and the newest one I've seen he kept fighting that chicken, it literally took up half the episode and happened on more than one occasion. Peter fighting the chicken is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen, awful.

Ah, I'm so bored.....
Quote by Novacane...
Pretty crap yeah, although some of the epsidoes from two or three season ago are still really funny, it peaked a while ago though.

Family Guy is really going downhill, I mean the events have always been loosely based on the plot but in one episode Peter broke into 'the bird is the word' (a song) about 20 times and the newest one I've seen he kept fighting that chicken, it literally took up half the episode and happened on more than one occasion. Peter fighting the chicken is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen, awful.

Ah, I'm so bored.....
When I first saw the Chicken brawl I laughed so hard it hurt.

And the Simpsons has not been good since the 90's. I stopped watching for awhile then started again and couldn't believe how bad it got. I noticed a lot of the episodes are like "concept episodes." Like the Harry Potter one and all that.
Jigglypuff used hypnotize!

It didn't effect Cyndoquil.

Cyndoquil used Strength

Jigglypuff fainted.
after being on tv for 18+ seasons you have to expect they are going to run out of ideas, ive only seen one from this season and found it funny, but i dont really watch them anymore cause they are going downhill
T.V shows are getting worse to encourage me to practice guitar instead of watching T.V...

It's working
The Simpsons have been going downhill for ages, it's all about Futurama.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Novacane...
newest one I've seen he kept fighting that chicken, it literally took up half the episode and happened on more than one occasion.

Thats from fairly old episodes. Its not in the new season.
The bird is the word is though, and that was a genius episode.

Family Guy is getting funnier

Simpsons lost it a long time ago. I don't even know what season it's on.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by Jonn0
The Simpsons have been going downhill for ages, it's all about Futurama.

+1

They really need to start making new seasons of Futurama.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Quote by Graveworm
If god wanted you to wait til marriage why did he give you sexual urges at a teen age?

To test your faith, stupid. Just like dinosaur fossils and the sun!
Simpsons started getting bad yeeeeeeeears ago. I never watch it anymore. Old episodes are still classic. And the movie sucked hard.
Why is every Simpsons thread about how unfunny the new ones are and filled with talk about Family Guy?

New Simpsons is far greater than any episode of Family Guy.

And what people don't realize about the Simpsons is that it has been on since 1989. The Simpsons has been on the air longer than most people on this site have been alive. There are 426 episodes. It's pretty difficult to keep coming up with fresh ideas that you haven't done before when you've been on that long.

No other show will ever do what the Simpsons has done. Family Guy will last 2-4 more seasons, and South Park might last another two or three. I can see the Simpsons lasting a lot longer though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by DimebagRob
No Simpsons episodes are bad.

/thread

This

And if they stopped making the simpsons I would cry alot and maybe kill myself like seriously instant emo
Quote by element4433
Why is every Simpsons thread about how unfunny the new ones are and filled with talk about Family Guy?

And what people don't realize about the Simpsons is that it has been on since 1989. The Simpsons has been on the air longer than most people on this site have been alive. There are 426 episodes. It's pretty difficult to keep coming up with fresh ideas that you haven't done before when you've been on that long.

No other show will ever do what the Simpsons has done. Family Guy will last 2-4 more seasons, and South Park might last another two or three. I can see the Simpsons lasting a lot longer though.
I think South Park will have longevity since their stuff is so topical that it is relatively easy to get ideas for stories. I think the Simpsons will last until its 20th season then get the ax. As unfunny as it is, it will be sad to see go.
The new series is the best one yet.

"Oh my god, this is an erotic bakery!"
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Simpsons = Funny when it came out, now it's annoying.

Family Guy = See Simpsons

Futurama = See Family Guy
Newer episodes of The Simpsons have their moments (rarely), but overall they're crap. As for Family Guy, the best episode of Family Guy made would pale in comparison to any Simpsons episode from season 3-9 (that's 120+ episodes.)

EDIT:

Quote by rabidguitarist
The new series is the best one yet.

"Oh my god, this is an erotic bakery!"

Homer Simpson: Mmm, Erotic Cakes.
Quote by element4433

While I agree I must say you are underestimating South Park. They're already on their 12th season which is, altough not as much as The Simpsons, really good for a TV show.
as the south park edisode simpsons done it, or something like that said the simpsons has done it all.

Family guy is really falling, and they need new ideas.

They write south park episodes a week in advance so they will hardly ever run out of ideas, so i think that will last the longest.
Im 20 years old I watch the simpsons and laugh ever time new or old. and im proud of this
Quote by matt169
Thats from fairly old episodes. Its not in the new season.
The bird is the word is though, and that was a genius episode.

Family Guy is getting funnier

Simpsons lost it a long time ago. I don't even know what season it's on.

Um, I think it's in the one of the new ones as well. Might be wrong though. Either way it's almost on par with the songs they seem to be frequently break into when they have no more jokes.
The Simpson sucks compared to Futurama.

Hopefully the big producers will soon realise and put back on some more series
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Quote by Slow_N_Low
I think South Park will have longevity since their stuff is so topical that it is relatively easy to get ideas for stories. I think the Simpsons will last until its 20th season then get the ax. As unfunny as it is, it will be sad to see go.

Quote by frankv
While I agree I must say you are underestimating South Park. They're already on their 12th season which is, altough not as much as The Simpsons, really good for a TV show.
South Park's quality has really slipped the past few seasons (not saying the Simpsons hasn't). Maybe I just hope it ends before it becomes a shadow of what it was before.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The Simpsons was never funny
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
They should've stopped after season 10. Everything up til then, especially 3-7, was gold.
Questions of science,
Science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Quote by billybusa
The Simpsons was never funny

There's a marginal possibility that you're clinically retarded.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Southpark + Family guy get better and simpsons is getting worse.

Thats the reality of a show thats been on so long..........they have run out of ideas. its not been funny for a number of years.
Quote by element4433
South Park's quality has really slipped the past few seasons (not saying the Simpsons hasn't). Maybe I just hope it ends before it becomes a shadow of what it was before.
The last episode of South Park was quite good really (the High School musical one)
"Don't make fun of my diabetes, I'm scott mandelson"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Simpsons is just pathetic now. It's pretty sad.

Family guy was ALWAYS terrible. I still can't believe people like that crap.

King of the Hill is still awesome.

I'm still enjoying South Park.
I think The Simpsons are awesome, the problem is that people expect too much, or want to compare them to family guy, you just have to watch it and be loose, can't be so uptight, maybe smoke some herb or something and you will see that The Simpsons are still great.
D;
Last edited by ughhhhhhhh at Nov 17, 2008,