I'm planning on saving up for an impressive guitar to bring to college. I saw it in guitarwolrd then looked it up online. It seems pretty impressive, though honestly, not a fan of dean. And no guitar shop has it around here. Has any1 had experience playing this?
I was looking at one the other day in a local guitar shop, didn't get to play it as it was busy as all hell in there and I didn't want to bother a salesman to watch over me while I play a $1500 dollar guitar I'm not gonna buy. But I can say it is even more gorgeous in person than it is on the net.
I would def buy for the looks, don't get me wrong, but im not buying a guitar for that much just for the paint. I would like to know about the playability and value.
Quote by John5rules125
I would def buy for the looks, don't get me wrong, but im not buying a guitar for that much just for the paint. I would like to know about the playability and value.

Yeah for sure, I would never drop that much on a guitar for looks alone either. The salesman seemed pretty high on the guitar though, but I guess that's expected.
Well of course. One time some guy was a going on about how good a yamaha was to some little kid. I was like wtf?

Anyways, back on da topic por favor
$1,500 for a licensed Floyd Rose?

eh, i never liked flames on guitars, but as long as it was very comfortable and played well, that wouldn't matter as much.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
no i mean, as long as a guitar plays exceptionally well, the finish wouldn't matter to me
Ibanez AEL 12-string

I'm just wondering if theres anything almost as asthetically pleasing, almost really means just a bit over normal, that plays better than this.
well, of course there will be. You could take 2 of the same model Gibson Les Paul Classics from the same year and factory, play them side by side and find that one plays a bit better than the other.

It all is based on your opinion. IMO, you could get a guitar that plays just as well as,... say a $5,000 Gibson custom shop guitar, for $1,000.

you exactly would you want an impressive looking guitar for college?
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by John5rules125
I'm just wondering if theres anything almost as asthetically pleasing, almost really means just a bit over normal, that plays better than this.

Sounds to me like you are buying for looks over playability... personally, I think the Jacksons are very unique guitars that are also well built, and head turners as not many people play Jackson relative to ESP and Ibanez.
I saw MAB play live with that same guitar (the Dean MAB1). He played the sh1t out of it, but he was able to get the same tone out of a Dean USA ML79 and also some Dean Les-paul copy, so I'm going to assume that all of his tone came from his hands and also the 50watt+ Krank tube amps he was using (2 of them) and the two 4x12 Krank cabs, not so much the guitar.

The specs of the guitar are "good" for that price range, ebony fretboard, original floyd rose, EMG81 and EMG85.

You should however not buy a guitar based on looks though. Looks are still important (I personally couldn't stand a Dean because of their headstock), but since it's a signature guitar, there's probably a cheaper guitar out there that offers the same specs/features. Your most important thing by the way for tone/sound is amp and obviously your hands. If I were you, I'd look to find some Jackson or Ibanez or other Dean guitar with the specs that you want, you'll prolly find one cheaper than the MAB1.

Also you mentioned you want "an impressive guitar for college". Why would you want that?? So that someone can steal it from you?
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Show off to the ladies? lol i dunno, something to show off. But no, im not looking for loks over playability, I want something that looks nice, dont get me wrong, but i just want an opinion from some1 who played it.

Also, any1 play any Line 6 variax's?
Dude i played it and it was awsome. It was like 20 seconds of sustain at least. Well set up.
Quote by MustangSVT
I saw MAB play live with that same guitar (the Dean MAB1). He played the sh1t out of it, but he was able to get the same tone out of a Dean USA ML79 and also some Dean Les-paul copy, so I'm going to assume that all of his tone came from his hands and also the 50watt+ Krank tube amps he was using (2 of them) and the two 4x12 Krank cabs, not so much the guitar.

The specs of the guitar are "good" for that price range, ebony fretboard, original floyd rose, EMG81 and EMG85.

You should however not buy a guitar based on looks though. Looks are still important (I personally couldn't stand a Dean because of their headstock), but since it's a signature guitar, there's probably a cheaper guitar out there that offers the same specs/features. Your most important thing by the way for tone/sound is amp and obviously your hands. If I were you, I'd look to find some Jackson or Ibanez or other Dean guitar with the specs that you want, you'll prolly find one cheaper than the MAB1.

Also you mentioned you want "an impressive guitar for college". Why would you want that?? So that someone can steal it from you?

The ML79 isn't USA.

The '79 series guitars are all Korean. The only Dean USA 'Reissues' are the Lost 100 which are based on the 1977 catalog.

For the price you pay, check this out.

Buy me!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It was exactly like this one:

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/drumandguitar_2024_25472686

It was just some Dean ML then, not a '79. Anyway I was just trying to prove the point that because he was using these expensive tube amps and how good he is in "technique", that all the guitars including the Dean LP copy, the Dean MAB1 and Dean ML sounded the same even though they all had different pickups.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by MustangSVT
It was exactly like this one:

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/drumandguitar_2024_25472686

It was just some Dean ML then, not a '79. Anyway I was just trying to prove the point that because he was using these expensive tube amps and how good he is in "technique", that all the guitars including the Dean LP copy, the Dean MAB1 and Dean ML sounded the same even though they all had different pickups.

That ML looks like one of their crappy $300 ones.
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
That ML looks like one of their crappy $300 ones.

That's actually an MHG ML.

USA and more than 300 bucks.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Showing a sweet guitar off to the ladies without skill is like showing off a Ferrari if you're blind.

I might seem crappy to you but u cant say anything about my skill until u see me play. I dont really think any1 on this forum can judge any1 on how well they can actually play
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's actually an MHG ML.

USA and more than 300 bucks.

Yea it's a Dean USA MHG ML, the difference with the picture is the one MAB played had EMG's on it I think. Anyway my point is that he played like 3 guitars and they all sounded the exact same, and I'm pretty sure the MHG ML is a bit cheaper than the MAB1 Armorflame, so take what you will from that.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by John5rules125
Not a fan of that Dean shape. Mayb the V shape.

Ok well you know what I mean. Take for example the LTD MH-1000.

EMG81/85 config, original Floyd Rose, Mahogany body, Rosewood fretboard.

Or Jackson DKMG Dinky. EMG81/85, licensed Floyd Rose, Alder body, Maple neck, Rosewood board.

Or Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, EMG81/89, Mahogany body, original Floyd Rose. Or even better, Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX FR with Duncan Blackout pups, and original Floyd Rose and ebony fretboard. That's probably a better guitar overall than the Dean MAB1 and is cheaper by like a few hundred bucks too.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Last edited by MustangSVT at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by John5rules125
Also, any1 play any Line 6 variax's?

yeah, nothing special rather poor, can get some interesting stuff out of them though

don't sound anything like the actua guitar they're moddled on
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.